Introduce yourself!

Options
kakes80
kakes80 Posts: 251 Member
My name is Shawna and I started this group because many of my MFP pals were interested on being on the same path I was. My main goal for this coming year is to lose weight! I have a lot of it but I CAN DO IT and will!!! Sometimes I just need the extra Motivation! The people here on this site have saved my life many days, I am not sure where I would be without them!! So welcome!!

What are some of your goals?!

Replies

• Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lindsay, I am 31 and a single gal...lol...in the past year and half i have lost 59 pounds...well i lost that in 8 months, then went up, back down, and then plateaued.

in the next year I want to get back to my high school weight...probably what i weighed my junior year...i really don't know what my lightest weight ever was...should hunt down my childhood dr and find my medical records...

I am striving to hit that weight by my 32nd bday this coming july...so in 7 months, i would like to drop about 30 pounds at the most(seems pretty daunting...but i am gonna push hard and do it).

I am also training to do a couple 5k's and fun runs...i joined a challenge to try and get 13 races under my belt in 2013...again is uber daunting...but im gonna do it!!!!

I wish everyone the best and hope we can kick some *kitten*!!!
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group Shawna!!
    My name is Erika and I ahve several mini goals for next year :) My main goal is also to lose weight which lefd me to the folowing goals to meet:

1. Be at 100lbs loss by February
    2. Ideal weight reached by my Birthday in July
    3. Get pregnant hopefully after the Summer time :)

Good luck cupcakes!!
  • kakes80
    kakes80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Great goals ladies!!!! I really look forward to getting to know all of you!!
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Kenya. My goal is to lose all the weight that I have gained over the course of my marriage, from being comfortable, recurrent pregnancy losses, fertility medications and depression. I decided to fight for life back and be happy in my own skin!! With every pound I gained, I turned into an insecure, depressed person that hid in the house. I hated going to the grocery store in fear of being seen!! My goal is to get back to the weight I was the day I went out on my first date with my husband. I have 45 more lbs to go to get there!! I'm trying not to think about that number! It's overwhelming so I focus on 10 lbs at a time. I try to keep reminding myself that just 3 months ago, I had 77.8 lbs to go to get there!! I am proud of myself because I never thought that I would ever get the motivation to stop complaining about my weight and make a change!! Even though I still have a lot of weight to lose, I feel so much better about myself.

One year to acheive goals:

1. Lose 45 more lbs

2. to get toned

3.to motivate as many people as I can
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    hi I'm evelyn aka momwasix. I started my journey in 2011 while going through divorce homelessness and jobless. I main to lose 18 lbs.I came to mfp at 238 and now I'm 196.I'm a mother of six children and my goal is to be 170 with 20% bodyfat. I'm 5"6 196 34 years old. Your welcome to add me as a pal. My fitness goal is to get my abs to show my thighs less wiggle and my calves rock hard.
  • Cindymoon
    Options
    Hi! My name is Cindy. My goals are to start my life! I am forty-one and I am almost done raising my kids. My youngest daughter in 17. I have four children and have dedicated everything to them. Don't get me wrong I loved it, but now that my daughter is getting ready to go off to College I am finding out that I don't have much of a social life and I started to compensate with food. You know what comes after that.......... I have gain about 50 pounds to much and now don't like the way I feel and have made excuses to myself about trying to lose weight. I really need to need to do this for myself so that I can like myself again and other people can like me too. Then eventually start dating again. But for now just liking myself again and going out and see the world is a good start! So I going to do this one step at a time one pound at a time. I already feel good about myself just putting myself out there like this. No more excuses.
  • Cindymoon
    Options
    I love those Edward's eyes!!!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Nic. I'm 23 years old and have been overweight pretty much all my life. It was more manageable until I stopped competing in sports my junior year of high school. I met my boyfriend my junior year of high school, and seven years later we are still together. WE have both gained weight together, and we are planning on losing it together. I have started and restarted many times, never passing 17 pounds loss. I restarted for the last time ever on Oct 14. I'm taking things slow and for the past 55 days, I have been working on making recording my habit. But I'm ready to start being serious. This coming week, I will begin going back to the gym, making my worth out of my graduation gift of a prepaid two year gym membership. So, starting this Sunday, I will weigh myself for the first time since Oct 14 and begin my weekly weigh ins again along with monthly pictures and measurements. I have 119.7 pounds to lose.

My goals for the 2013:
    - Lose half of my weight by the end of next year, which puts me right into onederland (199.7 lbs).
    - To have completed the 30 DS and C25K.

My overall goals:
    - To weigh 140 pounds. This is tentative. My healthy range is between 115-155 pounds. I think I would be happy anywhere between 130 and 150 lbs. If I reach 150 or 145 and feel happy at that weight, then i will stay on the higher health range.
    - I try not to think too much into sizes. Currently 16 size pants (some are tight, some are loose), 3X shirt, 22/24 dress. I will be happy to be 12/14/16 (fitted comfortably) pants, L top (or XL in a normal size store), and a 14/16 dress.
    - To be able to run around and be active with my niece, nephew, and little sister.
    - To be able to be in my 20's and enjoy adventures with my boyfriend.
  • jenniferlb1
    jenniferlb1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I just celebrated my 33rd birthday and had my second baby 5 months ago. I've started keeping track of my calories again on Oct 1. Since then, I've lost 16 pounds. I'm currently lighter than I was right before I got pregnant the second time. My goal in the next year is to lose another 30 pounds and maintain it!! I want this to be my life. I hate the thought of having to count my calories for the rest of my life, but think it's the only way that I will be able to maintain this.

My main obstacles are: Sleep deprivation (and the ability or desire to work out) and that I love to eat. I am always hungry. I've been trying to train my body into eating smaller portions. I don't believe in dieting, and I won't diet. But learning portion control is huge for me. Plus, I love snacking. All day. Everyday. I wouldn't count myself as an emotional eater, but if I am bored...it's horrible.

I wish everyone the best of luck. Please feel free to add me. Let's do this together!
  • clindy33
    Options
    Hi, I'm cassie and I'm 17. I joined MFP around august and did really well for about a month before getting lazy again and quitting because life got in the way. I've come to realize if I really want to do this then I need to make time for it. My short term goal is to lose 10 pounds before prom and my long term is to lose 25 pounds and keep it off before going to college. I'm the kind of person who needs motivation and support so that is I decided to join the group. I struggled a lot with my weight when I was younger because of medical steroids, but since I have gotten off them years ago I have lost a lot weight. I was bullied a lot for it. Which makes me determined to lose weight now. Right now I weigh 165 and my goal is to get down to a normal healthy weight of 140 or 130. Because of how heavy I was before, 180-190, I was bullied and struggled with depression for a while. But I am much happier now and am ready to get serious about my health! Especially since health problems run in my family. Thanks, I hope that I can keep on the right track ans stick with it! Good luck to you all too by the way!
  • miriamh23
    miriamh23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well hey there everyone! :) my name is Miriam i'm 18, and I have been struggling with my weight since i was like 8 years old, not even kidding. i always noticed i was a bit bigger than all the other kids, not like a lot bigger but enough for my family to take notice. i grew up with a bunch of women so a bit of their negative body image rubbed off on me at an early age. so when i went to junior high i starved my self lost weight, but then gained twice as much back and then i'v been up and down ever since and now i'm at the heaviest i'v ever been at 180 pounds only being 5'3". being young i had no idea how bad not eating was for your health and metabolism, so i'm doing things the healthy way now to see permanent results.

so i'm hoping to be able to lose 35 pounds to be at 145 because i really think that would be a good healthy range for me even though i am so short, if not then i can always lose more until i get there, but for now 145 is my goal :)
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    HI My name is Lanae. I am 47 and have been oiverweight all my life. This year I have managed to lose 45 pounds (not all on MFP). I still have tons to lose but I have a very hard time losing weight due to some of the meds I am on.

My goals for the next year:
    1) Lose at least another 30 pounds - more is ok though :laugh:
    2) Be able to do all of 30DS
    3) Improve my diet - more fruits and veggies, less "whites"
  • PeiEnWu
    Options
    hello,my name is Pei En.in order to be fit in my concert next year,i want to lose weight to 42kg.
  • lbatton
    lbatton Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Laura. I decided at the beginning of 2012 that I wanted to focus on being the best me I can be. With my youngest of three kids in college I decided to start focusing on getting fit and healthy. In the year I have lost 55 pounds so far. I started the year at 267 and am now at 212. I don't think I could have done it without MFP. Below are my goals for 2013.

1) Get to goal weight of 165/170 on or before my 50th birthday July 2nd (happy birthday to me!)
    2) Maintain the weight loss and get a flat stomach again.
    3) Run a 5K.
    4) Continue to help motivate others to reach their goals.

Thank you for putting the group together.
  • junerbooner
    junerbooner Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is June. I am 5'6", 244 lbs, and 59 years old. I was more than 303 lbs when I started this journey in May of 2012. I didn't join MFP until mid-August and had already lost down to 283. I want to pull off 100 lbs next year, but I realistically I know that I will be doing good to lose 50 in that time. To be honest, I feel ecstatic with whatever I lose, because I will not be putting it back on this time!!:noway: I'm trying to lose 2 pounds per week and have been able to average that up till now. I know that as I get closer to my final goal, the harder it will be to continue to lose at that rate. I guess I need to say, I want to lose as much as my diet and exercise plan will allow and stay healthy during and after losing the weight. I must stay motivated, eat clean, stay away from sugars, pop, starches, processed foods, and sweets.I eat lots of salads, white meats, and drink water, water, and more water. I made it through Thanksgiving without gaining weight and hope to do the same through Christmas. I have not "cheated" with cake and ice cream since September. I had one small slice of pie last month and I didn't go crazy for more. Yea, I could have ate the darn whole pie, :blushing: but I said to myself, do you want the pie or lose another pound. You can guess what I chose!!:noway: :drinker: :drinker: I want to be under 200 by May or June. I need all the support that I can get. Thank you for starting this topic. MFP and topics like this help to keep us responsible, motivated, and encouraged. :flowerforyou: to you and MFP. June
  • thornedlily77
    thornedlily77 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

My name is Elizabeth & I am looking forward to getting to know everyone in this group.

I have been on MFP for about a week & so far I am enjoying all the site has to offer. I am hoping to meet some diet/fitness minded friends who can "keep me honest" as it were when it comes to my daily goal of 1200 calories, which has been hard for me to maintain on a daily basis. I am anxiously awaiting Christmas' arrival with all of the cookies, cakes, et cetera to see if I can behave myself over the holidays (but not on Christmas, I will be indulging a wee bit on Christmas, within reason of course).

Please feel free to friend me (I am still figuring that part out) & good luck everyone on meeting all of your goals!
  • Joy_504
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Joy and I'm 16 and I'm a happy Joyful person (just like my name) I've been fat since I was born but I hope these are one of those groups that give me great motivation and I'm looking forward to this group my goals for a year from now is to...
    -loose 100lbs.
    -be healthy
    -be in college
    -fit into my size 10 prom dress (currently 20)
    --and be in the top 8%
    ya'll can add me I love seeing how great people do I'm also a very good person at motivating
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Tina and I started on mfp @ 200 lbs. I've lost 13 lbs since joining in Sept this year. Having year long goals are great as I still have 60 lbs to lose. I want to get down to 125 lbs. I also want to be better toned. I am currently doing the 30 day shred and it is hard, hard, hard, but I am sticking with it because many have seen great results from it like weight loss and lost inches.
  • MommaNeedsMuscle
    Options
    Hello hello everyone! I'm Bethany, wife to a wonderful man for 7 years, and a stay at home Mama to two little girls. My oldest will be 2 in only one short week (sniff sniff) and my youngest just turned 8 months. I started this journey after giving birth to my youngest, weighing in at 302 lbs. I have lost 56 lbs. so far, but I still have a long journey ahead of me. I don't even really know what my ultimate goal weight is. I just want to be healthy and feel good about myself!

Here are a few of my goals for 2013...
    -Weigh 230 by my 26th birthday (Feb. 28)
    -Run my first 5k in under 40 minutes (March 16)
    -Reach my 100 pounds gone by July 4th.
    -Weigh 180 by our anniversary (November 12)
    -175 by this time next year.
    -Continue to learn about nutrition and exercises.
    -Continue to teach my girls good eating habits.
    -Continue to transition to clean eating.
  • bhhblue
    bhhblue Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm victoria, but everyone calls me blue. I am fairly new to MFP, I found the site on accident and have really been enjoying it. I am a singe 20 y/o, who really needs to get in shape. I work as an office secretary and locksmith apprentice as well as going to school for my associates degree. I Look forward to working with you guys for the 1 year from now challenge! feel free to add me if you'd like :smile: