Goals Goals Goals!!

Options
lissa0040
lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
Hi Everyone!

Let's take a moment to start arranging our goals! One of the challenges when losing any amount of weight is being overwhelmed by the big picture. All of the experts say to identify your ultimate goal (ex. to lose 145lbs) and then break that goal up into mini goals and milestones with a reward system that doesn't include food. So for 50 points or just for the heck of it-- Define your ultimate goal and your mini goals (with milestone incentives) leading up to it. Including your goal for this month AND the first part of the year.

Replies

• roundtherink
    Options
    Ultimate goal- weigh 125.
    Mini goals- my first mini goal is to get below 220. I haven't been that low in 6 years. I have 10 more pounds to go for that one. After that, my goal is WONDERLAND!! :) I haven't been there since the 90's. That will be a major one for me.
    Next goal- in April, I am going with a friend on a Top Chef cruise, and if I stay on track, I should be around 185/90 by then. I need to make sure that I am enough below 'wonderland', so that I can enjoy the master classes on board, plus the good food and wine that is the main selling point for this cruise. I want to enjoy them and not worry about going back over. Honestly, if I was worried about that, I wouldn't enjoy it the way I should enjoy it. So I'm going to work really hard between now and then, so I don't have to stress about that.
    Next, I want to get to 160, since I remember wearing a 2 piece at that weight, and not looking horrible.
    Then the main goal is the next and final goal.
    Overall reward- the tattoo on my lower back that I have had designed for YEARS, and wouldn't get since I didn't have the figure to show it off (when appropriate).
    I don't have many other mini rewards set in my mind. I'll take that as it comes.
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    How about this? I do not even have an overall goal! I know that I will want to be above what a doctor would say was my goal weight. I would like to be around 220? maybe I should say 199.

I just cannot set an end number---WAY too overwhelming for me.

I like to look at mini goals----my first one was to lose 10%. got it!

Next I want to be under 300 pounds----I have not been there in a few years----since I quit smoking in fact....3 years ago!

After that, I will shoot for 275.

I don't have too many rewards in place. new clothes are great!

I may get a charm for my charm bracelet every 20 pounds, once I get to 300.
  • KrnDrln
    Options
    In my mind, I've broken my weight loss into 50 pound segments. I've lost 42 pounds so I have 8 more pounds to go! When I reach that milestone I will tackle the next 50 pounds!

I don't know what I want to reward myself with, but one thing I want to do is buy 50 pounds of food to donate to our church's food pantry with each 50 pounds lost.

My husband is really good about buying me whatever I want when I want it so there isn't much I need/want that I can reward myself with! LOL I'm spoiled/blessed and I know it! ;)
  • roundtherink
    Options
    What a great idea the food donation is!
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the food pantry idea too! Also I think it would be nice to not have an end weight because of how overwhelming it is but I remember the last time I felt really healthy in my own skin and it was at 150lbs. The docs say 105-135 for my height but I felt sexy healthy and strong at 150 so I am doing what feels right to me. Plus I think I was 105 in 5th grade!

I am taking this in 20 pound increments in my head that seems manageable. Maybe because I've never actually lost 50lbs!

I am also not very good at picking incentives but I do plan on figuring out some little things I want and maybe a couple really nice things for the 100lb loss mark and also the entry into one-derland should be marked by something fabulous.

My little goals are 20lb
    My bigger goals are
    250lb
    199lb (wooo hooo parade!!!)
    180lb (not sure why this weight sticks out in my mind)
    150lb (fire works!) :)

I would like to be at 250 by June. And at the goal weight by this time next year!
  • roundtherink
    Options
    Mini goals- my first mini goal is to get below 220. I haven't been that low in 6 years.

I had to bump this up, because as of this morning, I hit that first mini-goal!
  • Mermaidyo
    Mermaidyo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 150lbs all together
    My first goal is 30
    second 35
    third 40
    so forth so on :)
    I've been working with my elliptical, and Zumba on kinect I have been losing weight but also feeling more energized and healthy! :)