Finished the C25K today

Options
I am so excited to have finished the program today. I ran my 5k in 35 minutes. I hope to work on increasing my speed before I start to train for a 10K. I had good days and bad, but did not have to repeat any days, just kept pushing through. Advice I would give....water and sleep! The days I did not drink enough water before my run (could be the day before's water consumption) or get enough sleep the night before were killer, the days I stayed on top of it, were actually fun :)

Replies

• sahm23ladies
    sahm23ladies Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

I'm starting my last week this week! Yay!
  • SueMGordon
    Options
    Fantastic achievement, well done!
  • leanme28
    Options
    Great stuff! Such an achievement!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I finished c25k today! I'm so proud of myself but I have a bit more work to do. On 12/01/12 I did my first 5k but I had to walk part of it. My time (with some walking) was 54:30 but I think when I do my next one and run the whole thing I can do it in about 45 minutes. I am really slow, like 14:00 per mile. So even though I've finished the program I want to increase my endurance to being able to run 45 mins non-stop so I have the endurance to run the whole thing this time. I'll add 3-5 minutes at a time until I can.