What programs are you doing and have you done?

Options
I'm currently doing Insanity Asylum Vol 1. I hope to do the original Insanity and Asylum 2 one day. I love this program ! I've also done Zumba & Callanetics. Other programs that I'd like to complete are : TurboFire, Chalean Extreme, Les Mills Pump & Combat to name a few. I'd also like to do some hybrids.

What about you?

Replies

• iSurvive
    Options
    I am currently not doing anything. I am literally going to be starting from square one. I debated joining a gym for a long time but then I knew that I would never feel comfortable with that. I decided that when I did feel ready to start I could do so in my own home. I plan to start out with walking. I live in the frozen tundra so I am going to start out walking to the Walk Away the Pounds DVD's. I also have a treadmill I can use, but I am not a fan. Haha!
  • emily_bird
    Options
    I am currently not doing anything. I am literally going to be starting from square one. I debated joining a gym for a long time but then I knew that I would never feel comfortable with that. I decided that when I did feel ready to start I could do so in my own home. I plan to start out with walking. I live in the frozen tundra so I am going to start out walking to the Walk Away the Pounds DVD's. I also have a treadmill I can use, but I am not a fan. Haha!

Good for you ! Looking forward to getting fit with you.

I've never heard of that program . Now I'm off to google it .
  • wildfirefly1
    Options
    Hi there I've just joined the group. I have four young children so gym was out for me. Been very unfit for some time and have so far successfully stayed with some serious exercise for 10 days now which is huge for undisciplined old me.

At the moment I've joined a group on here, 30 Day Shred and I've been doing that. If you haven't heard of it, it is a program by Biggest Loser trainer Jillian Michaels and it makes you sweat!

You do each level for 10 days. I just completed my first day of level 2 and I thought I was going to die but on the other hand I have never done anything where I have noticed such a big improvement in my fitness so quickly.
  • emily_bird
    Options
    Hi there I've just joined the group. I have four young children so gym was out for me. Been very unfit for some time and have so far successfully stayed with some serious exercise for 10 days now which is huge for undisciplined old me.

At the moment I've joined a group on here, 30 Day Shred and I've been doing that. If you haven't heard of it, it is a program by Biggest Loser trainer Jillian Michaels and it makes you sweat!

You do each level for 10 days. I just completed my first day of level 2 and I thought I was going to die but on the other hand I have never done anything where I have noticed such a big improvement in my fitness so quickly.

Well done for finishing Level 2! I've heard a lot of good things about it. Hopefully I can try it one day.
  • denise148
    denise148 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello just joined the group. Emily-bird love the pic. walking dead fan here. I walk on a treadmill i try for 1 hour a day and do Biggest loser on wii 3 times a week. I have zumba but it's just setting there got bored with it.
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tina and I just joined the group. I am currently doing the 30 day shred with tough as nails trainer, Jillian Michaels on dvd. I am starting to see some improvement in my stamina. I am on day 7 level 1. I also do walking off the pounds: A mile each day with Leslie Sansone on some days. Sometimes, I can even walk 2 miles, but most, I only walk 1. And I do gentle yoga to Peggy Cappy's Yoga For the Rest of Us dvd's. I do yoga as a warm up to the shred.
  • Dawn_Batchelder
    Options
    Hey everybody. Just joining the group. I bore very easliy with routines so I try to always mix things up. I have found a WIDE variety of work outs on YouTube. A few that I found very helpful are ones on Livestrong, Fitness Blender, and blogilates Channels. Enough variety to hit all my body parts. I walk 3-4 miles every day, spend at least 1/2 hour on my Ellipitical machine every other day and try to do about 1/2 - 1 hour a day of YouTube excerises.
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I never have liked going to a gym. I don't like other people watching me (even tho I know they are paying attention to what they are doing and not me. It's the idea of others being around). I also know that if I have to drive somewhere to work out I'm just not gonna do it. I have a treadmill here at home along with a whole bunch of videos and now YouTube to work out with. I even have a Stair Step but I usually don't use it I really like Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper's videos. I do the 30 day shred and the Biggest Loser Boot Camp. I have recently found on YouTube a series of fitness videos that are super easy to follow. http://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessBlender I am going to start some of those videos tomorrow. I am looking forward to working out at home with you all.

P.S. Feel free to add me as a friend. The more the merrier! :happy: Always interested in people who need encouragement and those who give it.
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am just starting P90X (Classic version) for the very first time. I am on day 5 so I have a long journey ahead but it will be one that is well worth the struggle.

I just got my body fat professionally measured today from a DXA scan and found out that I am 34.6% fat. I am happy to know my real stats! Had a good talk with the consultant guy there and decided to look into the Paleo diet and begin doing that. Found out my exact BMR and everything according to my body fat vs lean muscle percent, I've got 54.5 pounds of fat on me and 97.5 pounds of lean mass. Consuming a at least 1900-2000 calories a day 50% fat, 20% carbs, 30% protein. No artificial anything and only natural healthy fats. Yay to having butter :)

Anyways a bit of an off topic rant, it was necessary I am so excited about the whole consultation, never felt this optimistic about fat loss before. Aiming for 23%!! Anyways if anyone else is doing P90X right now or has done it I'd love some info on how it has affected/ or is affecting you!
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I am started the Chalean Extreme and Turbo Fire Hybrid tomorrow. Can't wait. I have been waiting for a good time to start and decided that now is better than later. Good luck to you all!

Tracy
  • emily_bird
    Options
    @Denise
    Thanks !

@Tracylee
    I'm planning to do TurboFire after I finish 3 cycles of Insanity Asylum and then to try Chalean Extreme after that. I can't wait to see how you find the hybrid!It's a very popular hybrid

@13inches to go
    So glad to see that you're optimistic ! That attitude and mindset is instrumental in achieving goals. You seem so professional with all of your percentages lol

@Arunion
    Not a fan of gyms either!lol

WOW! Jillian micahels seems to be all over MFP lately ! I got the program the other day, so I should probably try it some time.

@d_bath
    I also love the elliptical !

@Tina2cats
    Nice mix up of programs