Fitbit and other weight loss gadgets!

Someone asked about a fitbit awhile ago. I wanted to answer, but I could not find mine. I found it today! Charged it up and will use it begining tomorrow.

I like it first of all, because it is tiny and no one knows u r wearing it. So easy to wear at work or wherever.

It keep track of steps pretty well, as far as I can tell. And it will even chart your sleep...I think I will try that tonight...you wear it on your wrist and it lets you know when you are still...and not tossing and turning (that would be me, sometimes).

The price is right ... 99 bucks.

But they just came out with a new one...not sure what it all does, but it is cheaper. You may want to check the website and see what all the hubbub is about...it's called ...well here...here is the scoop:

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/fitbit-zip-review-60-great-fitness-tracker/story?id=17240681

Hope something in there helps u out. I do love mine, when I wear it.

What gadgets do u all have and love?

Replies

• Here is the wesite on Amazon that has the fitbits and all its models. Check it out.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=fitbitzip
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    after doing a lot of overtime I had some extra money and I have bought an xbox kinnect I have the fitness evolved thing and i absolutly love it, when I cant get out as no one to look after kids i can do a full work out at home, the kids love it too. We are not big on computers and games etc but this thing has been great, also have the dance games which are super energetic and lots of fun my kids are so funny bouncing around ! I guess i look pretty funny too keeping up with my personal trainer ! So I think gadgets are a good thing!
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    I am really interested it a FitBit. I did some looking online and saw that a new model (I think it's called FitBit One) is coming out this month. Apparently it is the same as the Ultra model, but includes an alarm to wake you up. I may ask my hubby for one for Christmas. I'll be looking forward to seeing how you like yours!
  • :drinker: The fitbit does sync with the webste MFP...

The rage these days is a HRM...gotta get that HR up there to get a good burn.

Just my two cents while I take a break from the kitchen and laundry.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    I love my fibit:heart: Wear it daily.
  • I love my fibit:heart: Wear it daily.

I am, too...starting today...I like how it syncs with MFP and my exercise cals...very nice. :heart: And now, I have something to shoot for...in terms of getting a bit more ACTIVE! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • 4given4life
    4given4life Posts: 81 Member
    I have a heart rate monitor that I like to wear when I workout. It has a chest strap so it is supposed to be giving me pretty accurate calorie counts for exercise. I'd like something a little more advance, but maybe when money isn't so tight! Lol
  • I have a heart rate monitor that I like to wear when I workout. It has a chest strap so it is supposed to be giving me pretty accurate calorie counts for exercise. I'd like something a little more advance, but maybe when money isn't so tight! Lol

Maybe for my birthday ... A HRM...only thing is ... u have to work out hard...and I hardly work out. LOL
  • raindancer
    I love my fibit:heart: Wear it daily.

I am, too...starting today...I like how it syncs with MFP and my exercise cals...very nice. :heart: And now, I have something to shoot for...in terms of getting a bit more ACTIVE! :drinker: :bigsmile:

Most days I have 11000-14000 steps ...That for my job. I can't seem to find the energy to use it for exercise:laugh:
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    ooafter reading this i want one too lol x
  • Well, I am all of a sudden loving my fitbit. Thanks Raindancer for pushing me into using this more. (your post about you using it daily made me want to use mine consistently) Maybe no time for TM ...but moving more with it tracking my steps is making me feel better about my day.

Santa is making a list ... something to think about ... to have him see about getting you one. Just saying. :glasses:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    One of my long-time weight-loss buddies has been after me to get a HRM ....... I keep making one excuse after another, because I hate to spend the money on myself, apparently ..... maybe it's time I did exactly that :drinker:
  • I love my fibit:heart: Wear it daily.

Most days I have 11000-14000 steps ...That for my job. I can't seem to find the energy to use it for exercise:laugh:

I do not get how the fitbit works with MFP. It seems to know my regular steps...but does not know when I am on the treadmill. And I miss out on some good workouts. I just don't get it.

And MA...that would be Michael, I am thinking that wants you to get a HRM. I think it sounds like a perfect
    Thanksgiving present for you. You owe your heart a bit of thanks...and to thank your sweet heart :heart: , get her a heart rate monitor.
  • ooafter reading this i want one too lol x

Claire, somewhere u asked about a treadmill. I bought mine a year ago August. I spent 1400. Two hundred was for them to bring it in the house and set it up.

It was through smoothfitness.com I love it. I needed something that would not waste my knees anymore than they are. So something with really good shock absorbency was necessary. It has incline up to 15...and a fan. And a place to hook in your ipod...and a heart rate monitor, which I still do not understand how to use. It is made to go with the treadmill.

Anyway, if you invest in a treadmill...get something that will keep your body in good condition. Otherwise you will not be happy.

I did a lot of checking out of places before I settled on this company. They had great ratings. But of course they are in the states.

Just be sure you get a quality machine when u do get any exercise equipment. Your body will thank you. :heart:
  • Disconnected my fitbit to MFP. Letting fitbit track my steps/miles. Otherwise too confusing. Posting only exercise other than just regular steps during the day on MFP. Happy we settled that! :bigsmile:
  • raindancer
    Ernestinesmom: You are right it is very confusing. I might disconnect mine also.
  • Ernestinesmom: You are right it is very confusing. I might disconnect mine also.

But YOU got me to wear it everyday. Will take my shorts to work and change up and walk the mall after work. (Guest services rep at the mall).

Also will take my headset and plug into Pandora on my phone to let the rhythm...lol...take me.!
  • I have asked Santa for a fitbit zip for Christmas. Looking forward to trying it out!
  • Greetings.

I am brand new to MFP, to FitBit, to exercise, to eating healthy...the whole nine yards.

I got my new FitBit One a few weeks ago, and just recently hooked it up with MFP. When the connection was complete, MFP threw up a screen containing a whole lot of info that seemed quite important, even though I didn't fully understand it at the time. SO I SAVED IT!!

Pasted in below is a copy. I hope y'all find it useful.

================================================================================

To ensure your Fitbit tracker works well with MyFitnessPal, please make sure to follow the steps below:

1. Log foods and exercises ONLY on MyFitnessPal
    Log the foods that you eat and the exercises that you perform only on MyFitnessPal.com or on a MyFitnessPal mobile app. Any MyFitnessPal diary entries will automatically be synced to your Fitbit account. Do not log foods or exercise on Fitbit.com — any foods or exercises logged via Fitbit.com will NOT be synced to MyFitnessPal and could result in double-counting or other inaccuracies.

2. Record start times for all cardio exercises
    In order for your Fitbit tracker to accurately calculate your calorie burn, you'll need to record a start time for all cardio exercises you log on MyFitnessPal. If you use a MyFitnessPal mobile app, make sure you update to the latest version so that you can record start times from the app as well.

3. Use your Fitbit tracker to track your calorie burn, sleep, and steps
    Wear your Fitbit tracker to track your everyday activies. When you sync your Fitbit Tracker with the base station, your calorie burn, sleep, and steps will automatically be synced to your MyFitnessPal account.

4. Watch your daily Net Calorie Goal adjust automatically
    When your Fitbit syncs with its base station, we'll automatically update our estimate of your daily calorie burn with the actual data recorded on your Fitbit. If your Fitbit shows you've been more activate than we projected, we'll increase your Net Calorie Goal for the day to account for the extra activity. To see how large the calorie adjustment is on any given day, just look for the "Fitbit Adjustment" in your exercise diary. Note that if you don't see an adjustment, don't worry — that just means you haven't been active enough to require a Fitbit adjustment for the day.

5. Join the Fitbit Users Group on MyFitnessPal
    By joining the MyFitnessPal Fitbit Users Group, you can meet other Fitbit users and get tips and tricks from other people who've integrated their Fitbit with MyFitnessPal. Click here to learn more about the group.
    There's nothing else you need to do! Just keep moving, sync your Fitbit Tracker whenever you can, and we'll handle the rest. If you're curious about exactly how we calculate the adjustment, keep reading — otherwise, feel free to get started now.
    GET STARTED NOW

How is the Fitbit adjustment calculated?
    Whenever we receive calorie burn data from your Fitbit Tracker, we'll compare it to our projected calorie burn for your account and adjust your calorie goal appropriately. However, for the current day, your Fitbit may only contain a partial day's worth of data. For example, if you sync your Fitbit at 11am, we will only have actual calorie burn data through 11am. If only a partial day's worth of data is available, we'll combine the actual data from your Fitbit with an estimate of your calorie burn for the remainder of the day based on the daily activity level you selected when creating your MyFitnessPal account. This allows us to create a more accurate estimate for your daily calorie burn based on the best data we have available from your Fitbit tracker at that time.