arms

Options
whtlatina1214
whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
i have not big big arms but larger than what im used to ...
wondering what is a good workout to tone them without looking manly ?
i have a big chest and if i have muscular arms im worried it might look bad
wondering if any tips for this ... ?

Replies

• whtlatina1214
    Options
    bump anyone?
  • christicake
    christicake Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Many repetitions with light weights. Like 3 sets of 13-15 reps on a 10 pound weight for each part of the arm. At least that is what P90X says. lol
  • whtlatina1214
    Options
    ok thanks for that suggestion.
  • aqua_girl
    aqua_girl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My arms are a big problem area. I started taking a barbell class and we use light weights (i lift a total of 15 pounds) but we do many reps. I am finally stating to see results after 2 months.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend swimming. I'm still pretty big but have lost tons off of my upper arms and am now able to wear vest tops for the gym :-)
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I would suggest this five minute video. It hurts like crazy, but it does give results. I see less jiggle in my arms, but I have a long way to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTGBFlB1fEI&list=PLC41560D25AAD6736&index=3&feature=plpp_video
  • carolyn002
    carolyn002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    : ) thanks
  • phoebeleb
    phoebeleb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    thanks for the you-tube info!
  • shannonscotty
    shannonscotty Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Swimming is great! Also, I find lifting weights(mine are 2kg) about 40 times per arm every night really helps too :)
  • tigertrax3
    tigertrax3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would suggest this five minute video. It hurts like crazy, but it does give results. I see less jiggle in my arms, but I have a long way to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTGBFlB1fEI&list=PLC41560D25AAD6736&index=3&feature=plpp_video

Whoa! just did it and my arms are burning! Its amazing what those simple little exercises can do
  • ladymiseryali
    Options

Whoa! just did it and my arms are burning! Its amazing what those simple little exercises can do

The first time I did it, my arms almost gave out halfway through, but I pushed it. Now I do that workout, PLUS some pop-pilates tricep workouts because the triceps are my problem area. My arms are still sore and I did the last arm workout of mine about three days ago!
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options

The first time I did it, my arms almost gave out halfway through, but I pushed it. Now I do that workout, PLUS some pop-pilates tricep workouts because the triceps are my problem area. My arms are still sore and I did the last arm workout of mine about three days ago!

Wow! I just did it too and fantastic burn! Thank you, added it to my playlist, =)
  • ladymiseryali
    Options

Wow! I just did it too and fantastic burn! Thank you, added it to my playlist, =)

You're welcome. It's a fun one, and although my arms are in need of more work, I do notice some definition in the shoulders.
  • joyLambert
    Options
    push up's
  • fairykelly13
    fairykelly13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love that my arms are stronger now and want to keep getting them even stronger, but I really hate that the veins show in my forearms so much now that I've lost weight and gained muscle...
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    OMG thats burning... Thanks for sharing... this is why I am here to get tips and help. Thank you so much.
  • tanzinite724
    Options
    Great video
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Added to my playlist--can't wait to try
  • REREMUDDER
    Options
    I worked as a house cleaner and that 30lb vaccum made my arms spectacular...and my thighs....lounges and use your core when you vaccum...i try to vaccum everyday for extra exercise...
  • mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Bump