appetite increased..RNY

Options
Butlavie
Butlavie Posts: 46 Member
I am almost 7 months out and all of a sudden I am hungry and my appetite has increased but not everyday..I still experience that crappy feeling when something doesnt agree with me

I am follwing my menu plan and my weightloss just stopped but I havent gained so I went back to protein shakes and bars and that usually does the trick.

Is this normal?

Replies

• Butlavie
    Options
    Found this article:
    The Scariest Moment Of All
    At around 6 months, a couple of things often happen that scare the living daylights out of you. And if they happen at the same time as a stall, then my God it’s like the world has ended and you’ve had surgery for nothing because you’re going to be a FAILURE!!!!!!

Well, that’s what you may think, anyway.

Sometime around 6 months you’ll have a very unwelcome visitor. Your appetite. He’ll be back and suddenly you’ll want to eat again. At the same time, your pouch will have healed up from surgery and will decide that more foods are welcome. And since the swelling will have gone down, pouchie will have a bit more room as well.

So out of the blue, you want to eat, you can eat lots of foods and you can eat more of them. The panic!

My husband actually noticed this before I did and commented on it. A few times. “You’re eating a lot all of a sudden – don’t hurt yourself!”

Fortunately, I knew this was coming and for once didn’t have a near nervous breakdown. Now you’ll know, too.

so yes its normal..ok have to keep things in check
  • ragslittle
    ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I started eating more around that time. Somedays I eat all day (well it seems like all day) and others not so much. I still log most everything so I don't go crazy, but yes it is a bit scary!!
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I've pretty much been hungry since day 1. Four years later, I still get strong hunger pains but I eat every 3 hours so that seems to keep me satisfied.
  • Newbody72
    Newbody72 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am around the same time you are post surgery and I am experiencing the same symptoms. I am not losing weight but not gaining. I am gaining muscle but still losing inches and looking good in my clothes. I started the protein shake and bar regimen myself. But yes I do get those hunger cravings and not trying to go back to bad habits.
  • Butlavie
    Options
    Thnak you guys so much for replying..after getting back to the basics and working out a lil more I finally lost some weight. Its also weird because I could only eat very little this weekend.