question

Options
I started teh BR on nov.27th. I skipped week 2 of phase 1. I thought I could take up a more challenging workout. Then I started workouts 3 and 4. I finished them up in 8 days without taking a day off in the middle just because I felt energetic everyday and was able to do them. I have been doing cardio also everyday. I took today off bec. I think my body deserves a break. Now i know that phase 1 should have been done over 1 month. That being said should I start phase 2 tomorrow or continue with phase 1.
I still break into a good sweat post wkout 3/4 and the cardio.

Also I'm using 3 lb weights..should i increase to 5lbs?

Replies

• medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I think there is a point to doing ALL the workouts since the whole point of the program is to ease into it and that Jillian builds on some moves buy adding plyo or doing combination moves. If its to easy, rather up the weights then skip a whole workout. If its still to easy, do supersets. If its a circuit with first right and then left arm or leg, do left in the first set, right in the other.

Ive just finished and used 6-9 lbs dumbells. Usually I tried them out for the first time on each workout and then worked hard on upping as soon as I felt able.
  • lookgreatfast
    lookgreatfast Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    so should I continue to phase 2 or do phase 1 for 2 more weeks. Also if I continue phase 1 then which workouts? It didn't come to me but ya, I should have increased the weights on workouts 1 and 2 instead of skipping the whole week.
  • JenMcCrory
    JenMcCrory Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    They are meant to be done in the following order
    Day 1 - DVD 1 (front of body)
    Day 2 - DVD 2 (back of body)
    Day 3 - Cardio
    Day 4 - DVD 1 (front of body)
    Day 5 - DVD 2 (back of body)
    Day 6 - Cardio
    Day 7 - Rest

There are done in this order to rest your muscles. If you wanted you could add cardio to the strength days also but give yourself a rest/cardio day in between the strength days.

Definitely agree with Medoria you need to up your weights. The first month is easier to build you up enjoy it because it gets harder quickly. If I was you I would do 3&4 for another week with heavier weights and using the advanced moves. Also do them in the correct order and then progress to phase 2.

Good Luck!
  • lookgreatfast
    Options
    ok. thanks. I was thinking the same thing. For some reason I couldn't think clearly before.
  • JenMcCrory
    JenMcCrory Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    No worries just re read your original post. 3lbs is way too low! In the dvd they use 3, 5 & 8 lbs. You need different weights for different exercises e.g. biceps you can go big triceps you will need to go smaller. I use 7lbs and 11lbs as it's all I have but don't be afraid to go bigger!
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    If Workouts 1 and 2 were too easy then you just weren't pushing yourself. 3 lbs for everything is way too low. Add heavier weight and everything will feel harder.
  • lookgreatfast
    Options
    thank you for all your advice. I did bump up the weights. Now I break into the sweat I wanted too. The machine has started moving too.