Dec challenge anyone?

Options

Replies

• aprilkida
    aprilkida Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Got my walk/jog done yesterday with 16 minutes of jogging and 20 minutes of walking. I hit all my nutritional goals too. I was supposed to get another walk/jog in this morning but between having a very rough night with my 3 year old and still achy from yesterday's jog, I decided to put it off until tomorrow. I will have to fit in either a walk, yoga, or pilates tonight.
  • BananaCat83
    BananaCat83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies! Those are some great goals ladies! I have thought about bring a yoga ball to work to sit on. And I agree, mac and cheese and pizza is soooooooo yummy! I used to love fruits and veggies but now it's a chore to get them in

I was so proud of myself! Totally wanted to stop and grab a slice of pizza after I ran to the gym on my break (cause that's such a great idea), but instead I came home and made a sandwich with baby carrots/celery/cherry tomatoes on the side. It's been a chore for me too to get the fruits/veggies in but I'm working on it! I'll add broccoli to my mac n cheese or get veggie pizza if I can't turn off my craving :tongue:
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Well ladies I've decided to bow out of the December challenge...at least for a week or two. My son will be here in 5 days or less so I'm going to enjoy this time before he arrives and I'm sure I'll be needing maybe a week to adjust to our new addition. Good luck to yall! :)
  • aprilkida
    Options
    Well ladies I've decided to bow out of the December challenge...at least for a week or two. My son will be here in 5 days or less so I'm going to enjoy this time before he arrives and I'm sure I'll be needing maybe a week to adjust to our new addition. Good luck to yall! :)
    Good luck and enjoy!
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a good job with eating my veggie minimum and have been limiting the ice cream intake. I have to confess though...I cannot stop weighing myself. I'm not doing it every day, but I can't wait a full week to see what's going on. I get too antsy. That's kinda scary, eh?
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    Good luck and enjoy!

Thank you!!!!!
  • MrsCarter00
    Options
    I'm doing a good job with eating my veggie minimum and have been limiting the ice cream intake. I have to confess though...I cannot stop weighing myself. I'm not doing it every day, but I can't wait a full week to see what's going on. I get too antsy. That's kinda scary, eh?

Not at all...I'm with you and I'm sure there are so many others who are too!! Its so hard to keep from weighing! When I was losing weight I would sometimes weigh twice a day bc I knew if I weighed less at night then I did that morning that I would have a loss the next day. UGH! its such a mind game. I decided that when I updated my ticker (just yesterday) that I wouldn't weigh any more until after Jax gets here but I debated about stepping on the scale this morning! I didn't though. But gah. Lol
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    So I didn't meet my goal last week (3x/week workouts, only worked out once, admittedly lazy plus family sickness created a bit of a wrinkle in my usual workout plans) :indifferent:

But anyway, yesterday my sister wanted to go out for a run (she and I used to run together), so she invited me to join her doing a fast walk, and she would double back to meet me. I felt weird just fast walking, so I broke into a jog a couple of times, but only for about a minute until it made me want to pee. I kept up a good heart rate the whole time but didn't go breathless, but I knew I would be paying for it today. I was so right - my legs feel funny on the insides of my thighs, like I spent all day yesterday horseback riding. Something about fast walking is just not fluid like running is. I peed right before I left the house, but ever since I got pregnant, I've had issues with holding my pee (even after having one baby, I regained my old ability to hold it all for hours). I think I just either need to make sure I'm "super empty" right before I jog or somehow work on my walking so it's more fluid.

I think tonight I need to do some yoga or something to stretch out my body and release some tension.

How is everyone else doing?
  • aprilkida
    Options
    I didn't do too bad on my nutritional goals. I missed my 3rd walk/jog of the week but I got a nice long walk in instead of that 3rd jog. I'm going to try to fit in 4 jogs this week but not sure if I'll be able to.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    I didn't do too bad on my nutritional goals. I missed my 3rd walk/jog of the week but I got a nice long walk in instead of that 3rd jog. I'm going to try to fit in 4 jogs this week but not sure if I'll be able to.

Nice work!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Ugh, I think that exercise (fast walk) last night broke my vagina. The strain I feel in my hips/pelvis/whatever area is uncomfortable. How do you all handle exercise when you need to not strain your pelvis/hip flexors/round ligaments?
  • aprilkida
    Options
    Thanks!

Haha! That really made me laugh. I remember that from late in my first pregnancy. It definitely wasn't easy! I didn't jog during my first pregnancy but man, those long brisk walks could be killer sometimes. I'm 6 weeks along now so the jogging isn't too bad right now besides getting fatigued a whole lot quicker. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep it up but I'll just take one workout at a time. I did get a jog in the morning so I should have plenty of time to get in 3 more this week!
  • BananaCat83
    Options
    OK I'm in!

- Exercise at least 5 days a week, at least 30 minutes. I typically do group classes at the gym Monday-Thursday (unless I have a doc appointment), so I need to pick up an extra day so I'm not going 4 days straight then 3 days off.

- Eat at least 3 servings of fruit and 3 servings of veggies each day (mac n cheese and pizza are so good right now).

- If I get fast food, I will get a side salad instead of fries.

- Sit on my stability ball for 1/3 to 1/2 of my work day, Mon-Fri

OK so I did really well last week! Maintained my weight which was my goal, worked out 5x, did a lot better with fruits and veggies.

This week is off to a crappy start. Had to skip the gym yesterday because I woke up spotting (again, ugh), and today I had a doc appointment (ultrasound, yey)! Yesterday I kept in my calorie range but I ate like crap, and today my calories are like 600 over :cry: Tomorrow I'm back in the gym and I'm going to do extra cardio (in addition to 60min weight lifting class); will also do extra cardio on Thursday in addition to my yoga class. No junkfood for the rest of the week!
  • BananaCat83
    Options
    Ugh, I think that exercise (fast walk) last night broke my vagina. The strain I feel in my hips/pelvis/whatever area is uncomfortable. How do you all handle exercise when you need to not strain your pelvis/hip flexors/round ligaments?

Do you have access to an elliptical machine or anything? I like to do that because I find its earlier on my hips than walking or using the treadmill...the treadmill also kills my lower back
  • RBXChas
    Options

Do you have access to an elliptical machine or anything? I like to do that because I find its earlier on my hips than walking or using the treadmill...the treadmill also kills my lower back

Nah, I don't have a gym membership (anymore). The only place I pay to work out is my Spinning studio. It's expensive but SO worth it, and with that cost I really can't add in a gym membership. I used to go to Planet Fitness, which is $10/month, but it's a pain in the butt to get to, and the only thing I ever used there was the treadmill, since I hate the elliptical. I think I need to get myself a Spin bike so that I can do my own workouts at home (class times are funky where I go, so I've only been able to make it once a week).

I actually felt fine in the groin area yesterday, and the only thing bothering me were shin splints. Today my groin still feels fine, and my shins feel better (I did a lot of toe pointing/flexing at my desk yesterday to stretch them). Last night it was pouring rain, so I didn't want to go out and didn't feel like doing an indoor workout, so I'll go out tonight instead. My sister will likely join me, so I'll have company :smile: I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning, and I am DREADING getting on that scale because I made the mistake of weighing myself this morning :frown: My only consolation is that, based on what I weighed at my last appointment compared to my home scale, I think my home scale weighs me at least two pounds higher. I gained ~5 lbs from Thanksgiving alone, and I never lost it.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I just did about 5K walking and jogging intervals with my son in the jogging stroller. I also bought a bunch of fresh fruit and veggies for lunch today! 3 bottles of water down so far..
  • RBXChas
    Options
    I just did about 5K walking and jogging intervals with my son in the jogging stroller. I also bought a bunch of fresh fruit and veggies for lunch today! 3 bottles of water down so far..

AWESOME!!! :happy:

I'm working on my water - one bottle of water, one cup of plain black tea, one Coke Zero. I need to get at least two more bottles of water in before I hit the road in a little over 2 hours.
  • aprilkida
    Options
    Did ok, but not perfect on my diet this week. A few too many s'mores this week and didn't always get all my fruits in veggies in, but did most days. I give myself a B on my diet, lol. But I got 4 jogs in this week! Today I did my first 20 minutes straight, ever!!! Training for my first 5k race on Feb. 10th (signed up before I got pregnant). I'll be 15 weeks by that point. I think I'll be able to do it! Today's 20 minute run was a whole lot easier than I anticipated!!!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    I did two workouts this week, but my goal was three. I had intended to walk Friday night, but my husband had to go to court for a bond hearing for a client at 7PM, which meant he wasn't home until about 8:30 (since we already have a child, I couldn't leave my house). We go upstairs to wind down for bed around 9 or 9:15ish, so oh well.

The problem is, yesterday I did a Spin class, which is typical for my Saturday mornings, and for some reason I could not get comfortable on the bike seat. I ended up a little sore (not sore like the first time I took a class, though), which is unusual because I'm so used to it that I never get sore anymore. Then last night (sorry for TMI) I had a BM, and when I wiped my lady parts, there was a little pink in my discharge.

I called my OB's office and spoke to the OB on call, who was SUPER nice about it, and she said that given that I'd taken a Spin class and had unusual discomfort down there, this was not an unusual outcome. I wasn't cramping or actively bleeding, so she said to take it easy for 24 hours (and pelvic rest - no muddying the waters) and to call back if it got worse (ie, cramping or period-like bleeding). I'm pretty sure I've felt the baby move since last night (I'm 17w today, so it's still hard to be sure), but I haven't had the issue since. She also said that because we are pregnant, we have more blood flow to that area, so if we "injure" any tissue in the vagina, cervix, etc., even just a little, we can bleed easily, which is why it's common to have that happen after sex.

It scared the crap out of me, though. As such I am going to hold off on exercising today and start back with easy walks during the week. I am leery about going back to Spinning, though, until my next scheduled class, which is Christmas Eve morning. Even if none of this is doing damage, it's still a lot to go through when you see blood.
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    RBX have had the same problem my whole second trimester. A day or two ago it was pretty heavy but still only when I had a BM. Doc told me the same thing (but didn't mention pelvic rest he just said to call if it is anytime other than a BM or if I get cramps.) i have been having bad stomach aches that are kinda crampy but I don't think they are super bad and no bleeding associated with them so I'm just waiting for my apointent on Wed. I hope you don't experience that again!

I haven't been doing great with my goals. We run out of fruits and veggies fast in our house and I often forget to go get some the next day....perhaps I need to get back to my green smoothies