new to this

Options
I have started my weight loss journey and I am looking forward to meeting others who is on the same journey. I had my surgery 11/29/12 and including my presurgery weight loss I have lost a total of 20lbs.

Replies

• diazwoman
    diazwoman Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    hi, I just had my surgery 12/5. I didn't have a pre-op diet so I did not lose any weight before hand. Looking forward to learning and sharing with everyone.
  • MISSCOOPER9
    Options
    Which surgery did you have, the sleeve and band does not require pre-weight loss, right?
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Which surgery did you have, the sleeve and band does not require pre-weight loss, right?

So far as I know, the pre weight loss is determined by your weight before the surgery. I didn't have to lose weight before mine because I didn't have a large percentage to lose. I did, however, do a one week program of Bariatric Advantage Meal Replacement shakes 3xday and 5 oz. of lean meat and 1/2 veggies for dinner to prepare the liver. I know people who used my surgeon and dietitian and had to lose a specific amount and do a longer liquid regimen. I think all surgeons may be different and each case is individual.
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    congratulations please add me. I had my surgery in may. Including preop i have lost 101 lbs.
  • diazwoman
    diazwoman Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I had the gastric sleeve and my doctor does not require everyone to do a pre-op liquid diet. I assume it depends on your BMI and
    your liver.
  • NeverTooLateForChange
    Options
    You can add me. I had RnY gastric bypass on 7/18/12 and have lost 60+ lbs so far.
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wow. I am such a slacker. I had surgery 7/27/2012 and I have lost 36 pounds. I had lap band and did have 7 day clear liquid diet.
  • Compudad
    Compudad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had the Gastric bypass on 12/5 and lost 32 pounds on my pre-op diet. I am finding it hard to consume my required 75 grams of protein and all of my water.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I had the Gastric bypass on 12/5 and lost 32 pounds on my pre-op diet. I am finding it hard to consume my required 75 grams of protein and all of my water.

I had GP on 9/27/12 and still have a hard time reaching my protein (which is set at 60 due to kidney problems) and the 64 oz. of water. Dietitian wants me to try to reach 1000 calories a day and when I do, I worry that I am going to stretch the pouch. Lots of challenges with this. I think we can only do the best we can and try again the next day. It does help with the protein if I drink the zero carb Isopure (40g per bottle) or drink a protein shake each day. (I use Bariatric Advantage at 27g per 8oz.) Good luck reaching your goals!