My first 5K results

Options
Well I did it! I was supposed to have a friend join, but she bailed at the last minute. So I learned the hard way that this course had lots of hills. All manageable except one, which of course was the last one prior to the finish line.

My goal was to be under 35 minutes, and based on my run times I was hoping to be closer to 30min. Well, heck wouldn't you know I round the corner and saw about 28min on the clock!! I sprinted the last piece and finished with an official time of 28.33!! Very proud of myself. I feel if there weren't so many hills that I would have done even better, but I am beyond happy that I managed a time under both my goals.

I started at week 1 barely making it through my runs, Not knowing how I was gonna make it through week 5, And now I'm proud to say that I'm gonna train for a 10K (while putting a few more 5k's under my belt) and I also have a goal of a half marathon in November!!

Thank you and Good Luck to all!

Replies

• sahm23ladies
    sahm23ladies Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Wow! How excellent for you to be under your goal time! Way to go!
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Your time is amazing! And we have the same goals!! I have done five 5k's since completing c25k in August (one a month!) and have signed up for my first 10k on St. Patrick's Day in March! I know that I can run 10k - I ran 7.2 miles last week, which is officially my longest run so far. It was slow going, but I did it! And I hope to run a half-marathon next fall!

Woohoo!
  • MartyDiller
    MartyDiller Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!
  • StephFork
    StephFork Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Wow that's increadible! What an awesome time. :)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful!! Congrats on finishing your first 5K AND for the great time!!! That's really terrific!