motivation

What are some things you do to keep yourself motivated through your weight loss journey?

Replies

• freasabreze
    freasabreze Posts: 97 Member
    I like to think about how good I will look in my size 8 jeans. And how much better I will feel. I have acid reflux and being over weight only makes it worse.
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    I do several things:

1) Log in here daily and stay active in the forums.
    2) Encourage my MFP friends. I keep the real friends who encourage me back and delete the others.
    3) I keep some of my smaller sized clothes that I really liked on display. There's one pair of walking shorts that really motivate me.
    4) Visit the Success Stories forum frequently.
    5) Follow the advice I give to others. (Got on one lady's case 'cause she wasn't drinking water. I'm now drinking more water.)
    6) Look at myself in the mirror to fix it in my head that I'm no longer grossly obese.
    7) Pat myself on the back often.

And I love this group!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    I like to think about how good I will look in my size 8 jeans. And how much better I will feel. I have acid reflux and being over weight only makes it worse.

@freasabreeze, I want to encourage you. Up until the early part of this year when I really got serious about losing weight, I dealt with chronic acid reflux too. But once I started working out regularly, REALLY paid attention to portion sizes and WHEN I was eating, I noticed the reflux lighten up.

One of the big things was I used to eat until I was absolutely stuffed - basically dinners were always overeating times. Even if I ate early in the evening. But we started eating normal portion sizes and I was satisfied rather than stuffed.

By the time I had lost about 20lbs or so, the acid reflux was non-existant. Ocassionally, when I overeat, which is rare these days, I have a relapse for a day or two at night, but otherwise I have no issues whatsoever.

I just wanted to be an encouragement to you that there is light at the end of the tunnel!! I'll be praying that you experience the same relief from this as I have.
  • Nmthor
    Nmthor Posts: 36 Member
    Excellent answer, thanks Gerri! Btw, Gerri is the one who got me motivated. :flowerforyou:
  • freasabreze
    freasabreze Posts: 97 Member
    Sherrib@ Thanks so much for the encouragement Sherrib. I know your right. About 5 years ago I lost about 50 lbs. The acid reflux went away. You would think I would of learned my lesson. Its awful waking up in the night felling like your going to barf and the burning that doesn't go away and the coughing so hard you think your going to cough up a lung. And I don't smoke.

I have to say in the last 5 day that I have been on MFP logging everything and eating fewer calories I have felt soooo much better. Not once have I had acid reflux. I plan to keep up my good efforts. I feel so much better already. Thanks for your prayers. We all need prayers.

Debbie :wink: