First 5k race

Options
PixieGoddess
PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
I ran my first 5k race on Saturday! (It was also my birthday, and one of the best ones yet!!) My official time was 38:41 (12:29mm pace) and my goal was 40min if I could run the whole time or 45min if I had to walk (I've been having some knee pain the last couple weeks) so I'm VERY happy with that time! I made it under 40min and I DID have to walk some! I walked most of mile 2, AND forgot to use my inhaler beforehand, and STILL got an awesome time!! SOOOOOO happy!!! :bigsmile:

http://www.skipix.com/skipixv2/viewlargeimage.php?lang=en&photosetid=8913&filename=SKI_9634.jpg

Now if I were just less sore today.... :laugh:

Replies

• xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • mom4nursing
    mom4nursing Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats! My first is the upcoming Saturday. I'm super excited and would love to complete it in that time.
  • NorthWoodsLee
    NorthWoodsLee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job, teammate!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Just trying to keep up with you, Lee! :wink:
  • kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful, well done!! My first 5k was about the same time :)
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great Job, I just finished my first 5k on Sat 12-8 finished in 51min, came in 16 out of 25 in my age group of 58 women.
    looking forward to my next run...:smile:
  • MartyDiller
    MartyDiller Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!!
  • kriskerans
    Options
    Awesome Job!!

thanks not bad for a grandma.. going to run with my 16yr grandson christmas when he comes to visit, he loves cross country at school...
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Really awesome!! You did great. Congrats on finishing your first 5K with such a good time.
  • kriskerans
    Options
    Really awesome!! You did great. Congrats on finishing your first 5K with such a good time.

Thank You..