HELP! No appetite in the morning...

Options
I know Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I more then understand why it is...the problem I am having is that despite my bottomless pit appetite, I can't muster up enough craving to eat in the morning! Even when I am hungry I can't get past a couple bites of whatever is in front of me. Then when lunch comes, I tend to eat heavy and snack for the remainder of the day; even though they are healthy snacks, by the time I am hungry again it's late and here comes the heavy meal. I know that breakfast will help me balance this irregular pattern...does anyone understand where I am coming from and can provide some tips?

Thanks in advance :-)

Replies

• SicilianTiger
    SicilianTiger Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I used to skip eating breakfast - I'd have my cup of coffee in the morning, get my kids ready and run out the door. Here's what I do now - I buy the Smart Ones breakfast quesadillas or the turkey delights by Jimmy Dean and bring it with me. I'm not hungry when I wake up and have the go go go attitude, but by the time I get to work and sit down - I am hungry. Even if you start with half a toast with Nutella or a yogurt or fresh fruit. Anything is better than nothing at all. Even if breakfast has to last a little longer. Sometimes I eat at 9:30 or 10AM. You'll have to figure out when you are getting hungry and what works with your schedule. I wouldn't wait until lunch to starve yourself. Even if you have to do a shake or homemade smoothie for breakfast. Try to start small and you'll find your balance. Hope this helps.
  • Leggs86
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing...start small and see what works for me, I just dread that feeling of forcing myself to eat in the AM! But you are definitely right: anything is better then nothing at all. Thanks!
  • miriamh23
    miriamh23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    yes! shakes definitely help, i have the same problem, so i just grab or make myself a quick slim-fast. i don't think they're as hard to get down as some other protein shakes are, which tend to be on the thicker side.
  • californiahome
    californiahome Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try setting a time frame of when you will eat breakfast. For example, if you get up at 6am, set a time of 8am to have something to eat and gradually increase your amount of food. Then, move up your time frame. I try to eat my breakfast within 30 minutes, does'nt always happen but that is my goal :)
    :smile:
  • MelPenn518
    MelPenn518 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am really bad at this myself, but I actually get Carnation's Breakfast Essentials. It's inexpensive and right in the cereal isle. I usually buy the powdered so if I know lunch might be a problem I can make 2 servings and drink eight oz in the morning and 8oz at lunch, kind of like the slim fast plan, but I usually only do this on busy days.