December Goals?

Options
Hey guys, I like to break my overall weightloss, fitness and nutrition goals into smaller ones so that it is not so overwelming. I also like to have monthly goals, just small things I want to do to make this a total lifestyle change when I am done.

My December goals are to drink my water, everyday! I'm so terrible with this but am doing well at meeting my minimum of 64oz a day so far. Another goal is to say good bye to caffeine. I had a headache the first week but now I feel great.(In the future I will have it occasionally but not so much my body actually goes through withdrawals when its cut out smh). These two goals have pretty much taken care of my diet dr. pepper addiction, I dont allow myself to have any soda unless I have had all of my water and I dont like the taste of caffeine free diet dr. pepper so problem solved.
As far as weightloss I focus on 8lbs at a time, broken down into a goal of 2lbs a week. If I lose more, then I lose more but Im not rushing it. Not only is slower weightloss easier on the body but it should help me to not have excess skin issues when I hit my goal weight and that is more important to me than to lose weight fast...And I am right on track with this goal as well.
As far as food goes I intend to stick to what I have been eating...pretty much lean and green ...but on Christmas with my family I will have a single plate of the foods I love in moderation...guilt free. I will send away any leftovers to avoid temptation.

Replies

• two_octopodes
    two_octopodes Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Honestly, my goal for December is to basically maintain what I've lost so far. I've never, in the history of all my weight loss attempts, not gained weight during December. If I manage to make it through the month maintaining where I am now or losing anything at all, I will be ecstatic!

After this week, I will be on Christmas break, so my other goal is to increase my activity level from sporadic to 5-6x per week, a mix of walking and fake zumba (aka: doing random zumba videos I find on youtube in the comfort of my own living room). =)
  • kirlia
    kirlia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get below 120 lbs and 25% bf by December 21st (I have a big, EXPENSIVE weigh-in that day!) I also want to up my % of raw food intake.

Also, doing zumba videos off youtube isn't fake zumba! I used to take classes at my gym but the instructor left so they suspended them, so now all I have is youtube zumba :(
  • two_octopodes
    two_octopodes Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Also, doing zumba videos off youtube isn't fake zumba! I used to take classes at my gym but the instructor left so they suspended them, so now all I have is youtube zumba :(

Haha thanks for saying that! I'm really intimidated at the thought of doing zumba in public (I've never done an exercise class of any sort before), so I'm kind of using youtube zumba as a way to get comfortable with it and hopefully confident enough to try a real class sometime. Kind of like doing it this way though because I can pick and choose the songs that I like best.
  • fitkrystal11
    Options
    My main goal for December is to get out of 240. In addition to that I want to work on what I eat, drink more water and start to exercise again. 2013 will be SMASHING!