Entering week 4 and no major results

bahnbahn
bahnbahn Posts: 5 Member
Hi all,

I'm started my week 4 workout and I'm feeling discouraged. I've taken a 4th set of pictures, and measurements, been following the nutrition outline and keeping tabs of my food on here at myfitness pal. I am guilty of not drinking enough water...but still, these crazy workouts where I'm pushing myself to dripping sweat, how come I'm not seeing any change?

Replies

• Don't give up yet ! You've come halfway already and you're so close to completing the program. It's not uncommon to first pick up weight on the scale (you're most likely gaining muscle or it's water retention) - especially with this program. It's also possible that you're gaining strength, speed & fitness. Your body probably had to adjust to it at first. It's likely that you have made improvements, but it can hard to see them at first - especially as sometimes we can't see what others see. Depending on your weight and your body weight placement, the improvements and advancements that you've made might not be as obvious. Internally, you might have made tremendous advancements. It's the internal fat that gives you many of the major health problems. Also, your body shape might be changing and adapting to the program. You could be getting more toned and in shape at first, before the major loss.

Remember, that change doesn't happen overnight and it can be really easy to be discouraged .It takes step after step and every drop of sweat takes you closer to your goal. You'll get there - don't give up! Think of it this way, it's ONE more month and then you would have completed the program and you can be a fair judge .

If you don't feel like you're improving, it's possible that you're working out TOO hard.If you're pushing yourself too hard and out of your skill level, then that can stop progressing. Rather do less reps, but more proper ones. It's not about keeping up with the people on the screen, it's about keeping up with pushing yourself in a healthy way.

Good luck!
  • bahnbahn
    Thanks Emily, your words are very encouraging!
  • I'm glad that I could help.

If you have any questions or are ever feeling discouraged, feel free to message me and let's see if we can sort the problem out. :smile:
  • Imaan2012
    Imaan2012 Posts: 156 Member
    I totally agree with Emily. Focus on your form.
    Keep going, more people started to see their changes in the 2nd month as the workouts are longer and intenser.

Don't forget...you are doing great. Insanity is hard work and you're doing it! Be proud and continue...you will reach your goal!
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Make sure you are eating enough!!!

Also, I have a sneaky feeling that in month 2 you will see more results. IT"S INSANE! I notice my heart rate stays a little lower but my muscles are getting MUCH more defined. The moves are more focused (is that the way to say it?).

In any case, awesome job making it this far...keep up the good work!
  • bahnbahn
    Thanks Imaan and Chuckles! I've started taking vitamins and really being better about having water with me in the last couple of days. I know I'm doing a good thing for my body, I just wish my body would give me a boost of confidence in the mirror! hehe
  • I think that it might take awhile to get into it .I'm doing Asylum and I'm definitely doing at least two cycles of it. I noticed that at first, I had more "sitting down flab"
    ,but when I stood up, my legs looked firmer than before. My arms also had to adjust to the new workout.Callanetics had gotten rid of my saddle bags to a large degree and I had no arm flags anymore.I had stopped my routine Calla for exams and between that, a gap and a new workout, my body had to readjust. My saddle bags are back because I haven't targeted them, but my entire leg and my butt are getting firmer.Seriously, I've literally had it that when I'm walking around, the side muscles of my butt contract (no, I'm not talking about farting!) When I poke my stomach, I can feel a wall of muscle building up and my fingers don't disappear into the tummy anymore. .I'm giving it the whole of this month and another month to see what it does to my legs.If I don't see them the saddles coming in enough, I might just add a Calla leg exercise.

So, to summarise, I noticed sort of negative affects at first and I had to adjust.As soon as my body had started to adjust, I noticed more physical effects and not just fitness and strength ones, which have been apparent since the third day.

You'll get there, you just have to work at it.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Hi all,

I'm started my week 4 workout and I'm feeling discouraged. I've taken a 4th set of pictures, and measurements, been following the nutrition outline and keeping tabs of my food on here at myfitness pal. I am guilty of not drinking enough water...but still, these crazy workouts where I'm pushing myself to dripping sweat, how come I'm not seeing any change?

My first experience with Insanity I didn't see any noticable body shaping or weight loss results until almost week 6. I think sometimes it just takes the body a while to acclimate to the new routine you constructed. Don't let your discouragement allow you to quit, keep going and you will get the results!!