Martial arts friends

Options
catbrand
catbrand Posts: 227 Member
I like having friends on my list with the same interests, so if anyone wants to add me feel free :drinker:

Replies

• Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    Request sent!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Martial arts friends are the coolest!
  • ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    It is nice having friends who don't think you are weird for liking to kick stuff !
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I feel guilty always going on about kickboxing so it's good to have like-minded people on my list!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Request sent....

:wink:
  • Colstriper
    Colstriper Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    ^6h gup in TKD - but I've switched to Krav Maga - just started.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    ^6h gup in TKD - but I've switched to Krav Maga - just started.

Talk about a switch...get ready to forget what you learned! haha
  • vikingheart
    Options
    Add me!
  • Grafty
    Grafty Posts: 28
    Options
    Request sent:smile:
  • stephvk7
    Options
    Request sent!

I'm a first dan Black Belt in ITF Tae Kwon Do & have begun training in Sin Moo Hapkido. I also kickbox for fun.
  • redangel_321
    redangel_321 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am active in KEMPO and Brazlian Jujitsu now - but come from a background in Taekwondo - 3+ years in that. Please feel free to add me as well! :) I love getting to know other fellow martial arts people no matter the discipline. I am one of the guys in my school.. :)
  • cvela25
    Options
    I am looking for the same lol I don't know how to add people yet... Im kinda of a noob to doing this blogging/community stuff.

I am now doing Krav Maga// MMA conditioning classes.

I have a background in kung fu and muay thai for about 2 years. I love martial arts- It is my life :)
  • watergallagher
    watergallagher Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Add me plz
  • CallMePat
    CallMePat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone.
    I'm always looking for some like minded friends and support on MFP.

I do Wado Ryu Karate Ju Jitsu and some Brazilian JJ.
    Also have a little of a Kung Fu/TKD/ Military fusion style background.

Send me a friend request!
  • fivecardstudpts
    fivecardstudpts Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Might I ask what Krav Maga is?

I have my back ground in TKD, got my brown belt before my school closed. Was sble to get a few years of kickboxing in alongside as well. Unfortunately, took some time off, now I'm 3 weeks into MMA training and lovin every minute of it.

Feel free to ad me if you like!
    Jessica
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm new to this group as well. I practice Kali & JKD. (Still pretty new. I started this spring.) I'm also slowing being introduced to Systema. Nice to meet you guys.
  • aura82
    aura82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I used to do Kyokushin until I broke my head, so I am an ex-martial arts person. Does this disqualify me?
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    add me ! I do Muay Thai classes. Gonna have my first sparring session this weekend ! a little nervous but also looking forward to it. then Sat night going our for dinner and drinks with my Muay Thai gym ! One trainers birthday, also welcome to our new trainer from Thailand ( all our trainers are Thai)
    I want to give krav maga a go but there is nowhere in my city that offers it yet but have heard there might be some place later this year.
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I enjoy doing all the grapples, but I am mainly doing no-gi BJJ right now because it's the most available to me. Also really learning to love wrestling, and getting it to fit in with my Judo background. The local big HS wrestling coach goes to our gym so I have an open invitation to drop in on their practices when I want... looking forward to that!

Trying to get within easy weight-cut distance from 195lbs to fit both a lower Judo and BJJ competition weight class.

Brown Belt Judo
    White belt BJJ
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I used to do Kyokushin until I broke my head, so I am an ex-martial arts person. Does this disqualify me?
    yes