Slim-Fast Weight Loss

Options
marniee14
marniee14 Posts: 19 Member
I needed to lose weight for 20 years. I got hurt and could not do major exercise. I tried Slim-Fast and I am so in love with the flavors and the fact that it keeps me full. Just curious if anyone else has lost using it and what else they eat as well.

Replies

• Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    yes I've lost 80lbs doing slimfast in 2006. I was doing the optimal plan.i still have the plan info if your interested i can post it.
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    yes I've lost 80lbs doing slimfast in 2006. I was doing the optimal plan.i still have the plan info if your interested i can post it.

I am very interested. Please post! Thanks!
  • NinaRod5
    NinaRod5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used Slim-fast recently and I lost about 12lbs in 3-4 wks but I've stopped using it because its been making my stomach hurt. I loved the results and since I skip meals I found it was simple and easy to do. I did the 3-2-1. I had (3) 100 calorie snacks 2 shakes and for dinner a 300-500 cal dinner usually a Lean cuisine or Weight watchers meal. I loved the shakes they kept me full and satisfied.
    My nutritionist said I could try doing 2 wks and then rest for 2 wks but continue to eat healthy. Another thing I'm going to try is not getting the ready shakes and doing the powder. We'll see how it goes.
  • nomobootydo
    Options
    I thought I posted already.I hope it doesn't go twice.anyway I just started this morning mixing high protein chocolate with coffee, pretty dang satisfying I must say.also I'm hoping I won't have to always mix it with milk.it has plenty of vitamins but I'm wondering can I over do it taking one a day vitamins? Any answers please let me know.thanks
  • Momwasix
    Options
    Yes, it can be too much if you
    take more than 1 a day.
    The ingredients for the liquid
    (I picked Vanilla as a general
    flavor) are at
    There is 33% of the RDA of
    Vitamin A and just under 30%
    of Vitamins D and E. Those are
    the fat-soluble vitamins in it,
    and while the RDA is much
    lower than the optimal dosage,
    it doesn't specify the source of
    any of those (which is a
    double-whammy problem
    because some forms of those
    aren't good). Even worse is
    that there is 28% of Calcium,
    40% of Magnesium, 27% of
    Iron, 51% of Zinc, 72% of
    Iodine... there is a good high
    amount of the minerals, which
    you typically shouldn't get
    more than the RDA from (with
    minimal exception).
    Now, if you only take 1 Slim
    Fast a day, it should generally
    be safe if you take it a few
    hours apart from your multi...
    but taking them closer
    together could make it difficult
    for your body to absorb all
    those minerals (and maybe
    vitamins), and if minerals
    aren't absorbed properly, they
    may be deposited elsewhere in
    your body.
    As a side note, your body can't
    absorb more than 600 mg
    (60% RDA) of Calcium at any
    given point in time, so that's
    another reason to not take a
    Calcium product (including a
    Multi) near when you take a
    Slim Fast.
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I just started using the shakes again this morning, Im using the chocolate royal with almond milk, and instead i use 3 cups of almond milk per one scoop of slimfast just so its not as sugary tasting :)
  • marniee14
    Options
    I have many of the ready shakes and I'm not going to use them. I really enjoy the powder better!!!
  • marniee14
    Options
    Good to know, thanks!
  • Momwasix
    Options
    I just started using the shakes again this morning, Im using the chocolate royal with almond milk, and instead i use 3 cups of almond milk per one scoop of slimfast just so its not as sugary tasting :)

Is there a dietary reason for not using fat free milk the reason why i asked is because almond is my favorite but doesn't give your shake enough protein. Look on the can 2 gm of protein in just the mix once you mix it with the fat free milk it gives it the 10 gm of protein. Have you tried fat free lactaid milk. It's pretty good no funny aftertaste.
  • dnscottmsw
    Options
    Congrats! How hard was it to keep off the weight once you stopped doing SF? And, how did you maintain?
  • dnscottmsw
    Options

I'm interested in learning more about the Optima plan. Also, how hard was it to keep off the weight once you stopped doing Slim Fast?
  • AmberzHeartz
    AmberzHeartz Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just got 18 days worth of shakes and snacks today plus the food they recommend for the one meal a day. I am hoping to lose 30-40 Lbs so lets hope it works! I have been eating healthy and working out at home and going walking/running with my dog with little to no change. I hope I get results like some of you :D