Healthy Snacks!

Options
lissa0040
lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
What is your favorite healthy snack? How many calories does it have and do you have a recipe to share?

Replies

• alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    ooohhh---good topic miss melissa!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE popcorn!

I pop mine in a brown paper bag----NO OIL!--in the microwave.

I can have 7 cups for 215 calories.

I spritz my popcorn with PAM and use flavored salts----my fav is white cheddar. I also have a great caramel flavor, it has a few calories---about 15, but still.

SO filling and good---I often have it for supper.

Also high on my list---
    Edys Fruit Bars--i like lemon----80 calories. Good for my sweet tooth.

At work, its pretzels.
  • KrnDrln
    Options
    I am a nut...that is a fan of nuts! :) I like almonds and pistachios for a snack. They are about 160 calories for an oz., but they really curbs your appetite and are so good!

I also like yogurt for a snack, which is about 100 - 140 calories depending on the yogurt you get, mine is 100!

I like cereal and milk too! I usually eat cheerios...I know oatmeal is good for me, but I'm not a big fan of it so I don't force myself to eat it, but once in a while I like it!

I'm going to have to try the spray on the popcorn to keep the flavor to stick to them! I have some here, but didn't see the point in using it because it didn't stick! LOL
  • My600PdLife
    My600PdLife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to try the popcorn in a bag, popcorn is my favorite snack. Thanks for sharing.
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Baked Kale is a crunchy salty healthy treat when you feel like chips but want to stay within your calories!

Pre - heat oven to 450. Wash and dry kale and rip into pieces discarding stems. Put the kale into a freezer bag drizzle with EVOO, seal the bag and shake it to coat. Pour kale onto a baking sheet in one layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 7-9 minutes or until crisp. Keep a close watch because if it burns it sours the taste.
  • roundtherink
    Options
    Not sure how healthy it is, but....LOL I loveeeee ice cream. So I have the Edy's slow churned ones. 1/2 cup (which I make sure to stick to) varies between 110 and 140 calories, depending on which flavour. Its hard to feel deprived when you get to eat ice cream on a regular basis, and stay within your calorie goals.