Week 2...

Options
HELP!! I wrote a blog this morning....http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jilleebean777 and I am stuck at the moment. I am toying with a few ideas to get this done. Mornings, at work, even a few times a week instead of straight through. I can't let me daughter feel like she isn't important and the only time I have to spend with her doesn't matter to me.

Any suggestions would be great....

It's SO frustrating!

Replies

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    i don't know. if you are honestly feeling sick, could be your body telling you that your doing too much.

Nothing wrong with doing workouts every other day or three a week or whatever to get your fitness up and get you through the holidays. Perhaps after the new year you may have a little more time? You may still not have a enough time, but maybe a few less demands so that its a little easier to make time.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    My DD is nearly 3 and when I workout while she's up I tell her I'm working out to spend more time with her down the road. If anything she likes to mimic me and tries to do the routines along side me.

The hardest part of working out is finding the time to do it. Ideally, I'd love to do it first thing in the morning..if I was able to wake around 9a. Realistically, I sneak it in when ever I can. Nap time, while DD's fav. show is on in another room, after feeding my 4m old and hoping he stays happy watching me bounce around for an hour, etc. Worse thing, I do it after the kiddos go to bed.

If you are sick, back off or take some time off. Working out while sick will slow down your recovery from the illness. I also don't see the harm in trying to ease into Insanity, maybe do the Recovery Week and then try week 1 or 2 again. You can even start with 3 days a week and then gradually go up to 6 days.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Hey,Im still here! Ive signed up for a 10mile race in january as well, so will be doing insanity twice a week and running three times a week. may mean i finish insanity later on! but im very excited!

How is everyone else getting on? Feel free to friend me by the way, could always do with some more insaniacs!
  • tammatha1
    tammatha1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey,Im still here! Ive signed up for a 10mile race in january as well, so will be doing insanity twice a week and running three times a week. may mean i finish insanity later on! but im very excited!

How is everyone else getting on? Feel free to friend me by the way, could always do with some more insaniacs!

Good for you! I wish I believed in myself enough to sign up for a 10 mile. Keep up the good work Maria. And please, keep posting. It's great to hear!
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Ugh the difficulty im having is when I can incorporate my running. I love to run and me an the hubby are also prepping for a husband and wife mini marathon. I dont want to overdo it by doing insanity and running on the same day. I run about 2-3 miles 5 days a week. I dont want to give up insanity though..........sheesh I gotta figure it out.
  • tammatha1
    tammatha1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ugh the difficulty im having is when I can incorporate my running. I love to run and me an the hubby are also prepping for a husband and wife mini marathon. I dont want to overdo it by doing insanity and running on the same day. I run about 2-3 miles 5 days a week. I dont want to give up insanity though..........sheesh I gotta figure it out.

What a dilemma you are having. Maybe on the off days that you are not running?