Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I am so troubled by sugar cravings that...

Merci444
Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
I dreamt about having a meal and then craving sugar and searching my kitchen for some leftover sweets that I had forgotten to get rid of.

I do ok, and then at night I really want sweets :( Damn. It all started with allowing myself sweets on Thanksgiving and then my daughter's birthday in early December. Damn :(

Replies

• grrl77
    grrl77 Posts: 108
    Do the cravings eventually go away?
  • Merci444
    They are strong, I am almost tempted to go out and get something sweet. I usually end up eating something else. Like olives and other times chess :( I haven't yet gone out to get a sweet, but my bf's mom gave me a box of cookies and they were history :o
  • Merci444
    Cheese, not Chess, lol
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Go get them. You'll still crave it if you don't get it now. It might be worse if you keep your craving unattented then it could make you to overeat the sugar food at some point.
  • Just eat a little "cheat"! Christmas is coming up and you don't want to go crazy on the pie because you deprived yourself. Just keep it small...
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    You *could* just be craving carbs... I recommended on another thread to go for a baked starch over fruit and I stand by that. Especially at night,a nice big baked sweet potato will (or, should) fill you up and take most of your sweet cravings away.

I guess, alternatively, you could just make a meal out of sweets/sugar. Have an unconventional dinner of, say, six apples? Sounds weird, I know, but personally I find apples extremely filling... and after eating six in a row you'll get your share of sugar and, well, probably won't want anything sweet again. :P

'Course, you could make your own sweets, too. Plenty of Primal/Paleo dessert/treat recipes out there - my fave ATM being dark chocolate almond butter cups... Omonomnomnom .
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Girl, keep it in check. Go out and get something super sweet and small to take care of your sweet tooth. I also highly advise some dried mango or pineapple as that will kick your sweet craving good.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    When I get sweet cravings, I eat something vinegary. I know that sounds weird, but it's cut my sweet cravings every time. I thin slice some cabbage or kale and toss some apple cider vinegar on, maybe put a little shredded carrot, green onion and celery seeds for a slaw, and munch away. It always seems to do the trick for some reason
  • Merci444
    Thanks, I guess if I actually dream about sweets, maybe I need to allow myself some. Maybe I'll go get some raspberries and dark chocolate (yum) I also have a sweet potato, that might make a nice dinner.

I will have an early dinner and then dance practice. I can only imagine the cravings after practice :)
  • Merci444
    I just went to Fresh Market and got my olive bar fix and sparkling water, and I splurged on a bar of 72% dark chocolate ;-)