Did your band size go up after lifting?

Options
lacurandera1
lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
So....time to get new clothes. And underclothes. LOL. my 36 Ds are falling off. As in, I have to wear a sports bra over top of them to keep everything in and on and well, it's about that time. I've been lifting lazily for a year or more. But now I've really committed to lifting and I'm wondering, how many of you experienced enough lat growth to warrant a BIGGER band size?

As in, I'm going to the store today and idk if I should buy the 32DD I need now or the 34 I may need some months down the road. Here I thought I was just going to get new clothes when I got smaller. I didn't think I'd have to buy 2 sets of clothes! lol.

Replies

• Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how much fat you have, honestly. If you are lean, you could see some growth, if you aren't as lean, your losses will probably outpace your gains.

Personally, my lats may or may not have grown, but my fat has reduced and overall, my band size has shrunk. Cup size stayed the same.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    If you want your lats to get that much bigger than yes. If you do not want your lats to get bigger then you can use a slightly lighter weight and do more reps to keep them strong but less likely to grow in size.
  • whiskeysister510
    whiskeysister510 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've had enough fat loss that my band has shrunk 2 sizes, but apparently I've also had enough growth in my pects that my cup size has gone up one! Never thought that would happen!