All I want for Christmas is...?

Options
castadiva
castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
Because it's fun (and I'm not in stirring mood :wink: ), something non-controversial (I hope!). Top three Christmas wishes? Personal, material, and altruistic...

For me, a lovely man to kiss on NYE (failing which, a really fantastic work offer), a cashmere dressing gown (I'm feeling the cold so much more these days, and just the idea sounds so warm and luxurious!), and for my mother's fortunes/life/health to turn around in 2013, so that she ends the year happy, stable and healthy after a very rough decade (yes, this does benefit me peripherally, but is mostly altruistic - Mama's had a gruesome ten years and a decade of grim is more than enough!).

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    1. This damn survey link to stop coming up every time I click a page on here!!!

2. The love of my life to realise I'm the love of his life too! :heart:

3. And best wishes for your NYE kiss and I your mother gets one too! - May the next decade prove joyful for you both :flowerforyou:
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    1. My grandma to be happy... She is SO depressed and it kills me to watch her like that.
    That's all I really want.... I might move in with her.
    2. For Anna's love to realize she is his love!
    3. And for your kiss & mother's well-being.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Bless you both! My sympathies about your Grandmother - that's a really, really hard thing to deal with, I know. Anna - fingers, toes, even eyes crossed for your man to come to his senses - another situation I can empathise with.:heart:

I do feel horribly materialistic now, though! Isn't there one lovely luxury either of you would like, in a perfect world!? There's zero chance of my actually getting a cashmere dressing gown for Christmas, but a girl can dream!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I am going to be all about me. Sorry wish the best for you all but this is my Christmas wish list

1) Personal to break the bad habits I regained this year and get back on the wagon eating healthy and working out

2) I would love an ipad, I won't buy one for myself as I consider it a luxury since I have a iphone and a lap top

3) New cancer drugs that work especially for pancreatic cancer which my mom is fighting.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    1) Work to settle in a good way. Yesterday my boss (the program manager over about 50 people) got canned, which leaves 50 people floating around without support - the company quickly restructured for the interim but the unrest makes me nervous. Not that my boss was doing all that great of a job supporting us, hence the canning, but it was what we were all used to for the last 10 months. He got a great Christmas gift huh?

2) For Anna's man to wake up and realize she's the one!

3) For Sam's Grandma to be happy and healthy.

PS. Sam, those are some serious guns...good job girl!

Other than #1, everything in my life is the way I want it. The way I look at it, if that's my only gripe my live is pretty darn awesome!
  • disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I am going to be all about me. Sorry wish the best for you all but this is my Christmas wish list

1) Personal to break the bad habits I regained this year and get back on the wagon eating healthy and working out

2) I would love an ipad, I won't buy one for myself as I consider it a luxury since I have a iphone and a lap top

3) New cancer drugs that work especially for pancreatic cancer which my mom is fighting.

MM, get out of my head!!! Just kidding. :flowerforyou: In all honesty, my list is very similar to yours:

1) To spend NYE with the cowboy :love:

2) To get an Ipad. Like Ruth, I won't spend the money on it because I have an Iphone and a laptop.

3) The cure for cancer. PERIOD. Too many of my loved ones have suffered.

So, there you go. I hope everybody gets at least one of their wishes!:flowerforyou:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    1. Someone to dance and kiss on NYE (and maybe more)
    2. A raise a nice big one
    3. My friend to get over his heartbreak and be back to himself
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    1. A Kindle, I really want one, but not spending the money.

2. For 2013 to be better than 2012.

3. For everyone to get their wish.

Yeah, I really don't need much.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    1) A trip to Seattle so I can spend some time with my 20-month old nephew. It would be nice if my brother is off work too. I may want to talk to him.

2) not sure about anything materialistic. I make good money and I'm single. Anything I really really want, I buy.

3) Happiness and good health for myself, my family and all my IRL and virtual friends.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    1. Someone to dance and kiss on NYE (and maybe more)
    I confess, I have never done the NYE kiss.....errr...oops, wrong thread >.>

1) Getting under 300 lbs. would be nice.
    2) not sure about anything materialistic. I make good money and I'm single. Anything I really really want, I buy.
    Same for me
    3) Happiness and good health for myself, my family and all my IRL and virtual friends.
    This too.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    1) My kids to have a good christmas
    2) I'd love for Santa to bring me that pair of cowboy boots....unfortunately I think it's gonna be on next years list :sad:
    3) I want to be able to spend time with as many family/friends as I can this holiday season
    4) I would be tickled if I could be kissed at Midnight on New Years eve. Never ever ever done that.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    For it to come and go quickly and then get on with and through another cold and miserable NY winter and hopefully keep moving closer to my goal to get out of here.
  • FallingInLoveWithMe
    Options
    2) not sure about anything materialistic. I make good money and I'm single. Anything I really really want, I buy..

i want this for christmas, lolz

and a nye kiss would be nice too
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    1) That my family is happy and healthy for many many many more years!
    2) A promising fun 2013 year ahead of me!
    3) Some new hot bright sneakers for Zumba. :love:
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    1. My kids to continue to grow up happy healthy and well adjusted

2. I have everything I really need and fortunately I make enough money I can buy most of what I want so nothing materialistic

3. continued success in 2013 and i wouldnt mind NYE date as well
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    1) To finally get into EATM. Please please please let this be my year. (There's something infuriating about a scholastic program that is based on a lottery system instead of academic achievement, thank you CA for keeping up with punishing success and rewarding failure).

2) I would like to be able to build up my savings. It's very frustrating to put a bunch of money away to just have to spend it because random things keep coming up. I know that's what it's there for, but it's agonizing seeing it get so completely depleted every few months.

3) For my knee to stop hurting so I can do half marathons again!!

EDIT: I changed my third one because that will happen with time.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

I do feel horribly materialistic now, though! Isn't there one lovely luxury either of you would like, in a perfect world!? There's zero chance of my actually getting a cashmere dressing gown for Christmas, but a girl can dream!

Yes.... A power juicer so I can get all of my vegetables! :D
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    1) a kiss in the new year at some point (I will be at work that night, so I'm going to wish for it sometime in 2013.)
    2) to lose the weight I gained
    3) to be more outgoing in general...maybe actually pay for match.com
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    3M USD in seed money to kickstart what will eventually be one of the largest software solution providers in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.

New gloves. It's cold here, and mine are torn.

For my kids to enjoy their Christmas presents and stop fighting with each other so much. Hopefully to appreciate how fortunate they are.

Health and happiness for all my friends and family, and to everyone here in Single Peeps.

--P
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    2) not sure about anything materialistic. I make good money and I'm single. Anything I really really want, I buy..

i want this for christmas, lolz

and a nye kiss would be nice too

If I lived in DC, my money wouldn't go nearly as far. I own a 1600 sq ft duplex 12 minutes from downtown. My total escrow payment on a 20-yr mortgage is about $400/mo less than the lease on a 1 br apartment in Arlington.