Food for thought

Options
I get tired of hearing the same tips and weight loss strategies over and over, some which are pretty ridiculous. But i always forget about the little tips that are so simple and true! Weight didn't build over night and it dang sure won't fall back off in a weeks time so why in the world do I get sideways when the scale doesn't move for a few days???

I really liked this little article so if you have some spare time skim through it.
just copy and paste the address below to a new tab... :huh:

http://www.fitsugar.com/Reasons-You-Losing-Weight-24882317?slide=1

Replies

• Kristinam921
    Kristinam921 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    One thing I read is to not completely cut ANYTHING out of your diet, like carbs or protein, etc. Simply because you will gorge on that stuff later. Honestly I eat what I want I just watch WHAT I eat and how much. I also know you can OVER exercise. I did that once and I stopped for like 3 days and I started to loose weight again once I stopped and let my body rest. I use to get like that with the scale. I know it's hard not to weigh everyday but it does keep you from obsessing over it. I made it a point to not weigh-in during "aunt flo" because you gain a few pounds of water weight. I stop the week before and I wait at LEAST 3-4 days after. It helps to keep you sane. I also know that working out during helps with cramps. I also change my workout routine monthly because the body can get use to it and you can get bored and stop working out. So that's just a few things I picked up.
  • green022
    green022 Posts: 115
    Options
    Yeah I tried the Adkins diet at first when the doc told me I had to lose a good bit of weight and I hated it even though it worked. I was tired all the time! And I noticed what that "aunt flo" wench did the last go round......The scale was not happy. Thanks for the tips!