Keep on course

Options
lmslms06
lmslms06 Posts: 1 Member
I do this every year starting right after thanksgiving. If I don't I can easily gain 10 pounds. I try to exercise at least 3 days a week and try hard (not always succeeding)to avoid holiday sweets.

Replies

• MagnaSky
    MagnaSky Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    It is so easy for me to gain weight as well, I can also easy gain 10lb over the course of two weeks. I know that I have to plan ahead, if I do not, chances are I will make some bad decisions that will lead to more bad decisions.
  • fitanndfab
    Options
    I also agree it has been diffiuclt in past to not gain from Thanksgiving through the New Year. I am committed to getting it right this year. I having taken on the frame of mind to taste the things I truly like and indulge in nothing. I will continue to walk/jog my minimum of 30 mins. each night and attend Zumba at least twice a week w/strength training. Lastly I will also eat as clean as possible.
  • laurenmcallister
    laurenmcallister Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I pack on the weight from eating out while catching up with friends. It is amazing how fast restaurant food puts the weight on! So I'm limiting myself this year and suggesting coffee dates with friends instead, and brown bag lunch dates in the office lunch room with coworkers (we usually eat at our desks so this is still a treat haha) :)
  • sweetgrasswoman
    sweetgrasswoman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge. This year Im staying home in my new house! I usually travel 18 hrs to see my family (lots of take out & feasts galor!) It was my Birthday two days ago and kind of still recovering from it (office birthday luncheon yesterday didnt help either). Feeling bloated and am hoping to be in the 160's lbs by Christmas, or even New Years :) -- Im in the 70's right now.
  • jeanine89
    jeanine89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm off school for winter break and usually gain a few pounds. This year is going to be harder then usual for me because my BF just broke up with me two days ago we weren't together very long but rejection still hurts. However, I'm using this as motivation to become a better healthier more self-loving person. My goal is to be under 200 lbs before christmas (I'm 202 now).