Just Had Surgery

Options
13turtles
13turtles Posts: 183 Member
Hey everyone! Just had my bypass surgery on Tuesday and thought I'd drop in and give an update. My surgery was textbook and I am already home. I spent 2 nights in the hospital, and was up and walking the very first night. I have had some problems with gas (belching and gas) but that was to be expected considering the CO2 that they pump into you for the operation. I have five small incisions, and overall I'm feeling good. I was very drowsy and out of it on surgery day, and the dry mouth is not the greatest feeling. Now, three days out, I have already transitioned to phase 2 of my diet. I got chicken broth, and had three bites of a pudding cup along with my protein shake and clear liquids. Each person will have a different plan, but that's where I am as of now.

Feel free to ask questions and such as I am home fore the next three weeks recovering. I am so excited about what is to come!

Replies

• 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Oh, and for those of you who just had or are getting ready to have surgery, Eggface is holding a giveaway on her website. Vitamins galore!
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic, hope to be right behind you in another month or so!!
  • jamers1949
    Options
    I guess every one will be seeing less of you from now on! Blessings!
  • veggibus
    veggibus Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's good to hear that everything went well and that you are home and recovering nicely. Enjoy your time off and rest (I certainly didn't do enough of that)!

I can't believe that it has been almost a month since my surgery - I'm still in disbelief that I'm going back to work on Monday. :)
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Congrats and welcome to the loser's bench! Walk walk walk, sip sip sip and walk some more! Time will fly by, I cant believe I am already 8 months out!