recipes you have tried

Options
I was thinking we could post reviews and tips about the different recipes we have tried out of the meal plan.

Replies

• hellofar7
    Options
    I made the Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins, and they turned out yummy. I used dried cranberries instead of fresh ones, I all ready had them in at home. I also did not use the optional Pepitas.

For dinner I made the Almond crusted chicken breasts, and substituted the red cabbage apple slaw with the creamy cucumber and yogurt salad. The salad was so refreshing, that was a hit with the family. The almonds on the chicken gave the dish a creamy feeling. I will be making this dish again.
  • hellofar7
    Options
    For Lunch I made the Tomato Sandwich on garlic rubbed toast. That was really good. I did not use the garlic because it was a work lunch and did not want to offend my coworkers with the breath, I think the onions are bad enough. The sandwich and the eggs kept me full until sank time.

For snack I have been having the apples and cheese. Again easy and yummy. I am able to eat it at my desk and not prepare any thing, or while on the road in-between meetings.
  • mayday1969
    mayday1969 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I love this thread because I followed the diet the whole time so I have had a lot of experience with the food.

Right now, I'm eating the vegetable soup from the kickstart week. I don't like plain chicken breast, so I shred it and put it in the soup. Very hearty!
  • mayday1969
    Options
    Tonight we had the Southwest Turkey Burgers with Brussel sprouts and carrots! YUM!
  • mayday1969
    Options
    Tonight we had the Almond Crusted Chicken Breasts and instead of the cabbage slaw, we had roasted garlic beets! Both were AMAZING!

Lunch was veggie soup with poached chix (shredded and mixed in)
    Breakfast was the denver omlette.

All were great!
  • mayday1969
    Options
    The beef and broccoi stir fry is what is on the menu tonight! I have fallen in LOVE with Virgin organic coconut oil!

I tried the Mediterranian tuna roll ups for the first time today. It was VERY tasty, but didn't hold me as long as some other lunches.
  • mayday1969
    Options
    I have been enjoying the Chicken salad with grapes for lunch for a few days now! I eat it with one slice of whole wheat bread,l and my hubby eats it with 2! It's very hearty and makes a few days worth so I get a break from cooking. Also lakt night I made the grilled lemon chicken and no cream creamed spinach! YUM! And again, 2 days of leftovers so no cooking for 2 nights!!!
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I've made Pumpkin Muffins too and they were good. Nice to grab and go.
    The veggie soup is good too and I also added the chicken to mine. Great minds think alike!!
    The Steel Cut oatmeal with apples, maple syrup and pecans is very yummy. I make a big batch and put them in separate bowls then just take a serving out each day. Easy to take to work and just heat up.