Post Surgery Everything is....

Options
13turtles
13turtles Posts: 183 Member
too sweet! I cannot believe it! Not that I had a huge sweet tooth or anything, but I never minded sweets before, and now, even the sugar free stuff is just to much! Thank goodness I can have cream based soups, strained of course. I would not be able to tolerate this phase 2 diet without it!

Oh, and for those of you in phase 2, or just looking for more protein, adding dry milk to the protein shakes. It is just a boost!

Replies

• Jamielynn_77
    Jamielynn_77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am 2 years out and I am telling you, I am the same way. I can't even drink regular orange juice. The only one I can tolerate is the Trop 50. I can't IMAGINE if I drank soda, with all that sugar. I took a sip of my son's over the weekend and GAG! :sick: as long as you keep with a reduced sugar intake, it changes your taste for regular stuff. Which I am glad! :bigsmile:
  • kaydol1488
    Options
    Good for you ladies! I wish that was my result as well. I still crave sweets and have no problem ingesting them. I now have to trust myself! lol
  • BrwnEyedGrl1987
    Options
    I've never been a sweets person either. It was more of the starches that I ate all the time. That's been the hardest part. I haven't touch soda though since before surgery and I don't crave it. So far, it's been really good.
  • jillybean65
    jillybean65 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the same way. The worse part is though yogurt is sweet and its a good source of protein, but I cant quite take it. I do hope that part changes.
  • stephanielindsey
    Options
    For me too!

For the one with problem with yogurt, try getting plain and flavoring yourself.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    That was one of the first things I noticed after surgery. Everything was too sweet. I couldnt even stand the crystal light they brought me in the hospital to drink...I had to dilute it half with water. Eventually that sort of gets a little better. I still dont like very sweet things, but it doesnt absolutely turn my stomach anymore. I found it odd how my tastes completely changed. Things that I used to love dont taste good to me anymore and I crave things that I did not care for at all before surgery.
  • mandynsnuf
    mandynsnuf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It was for me as well for about the 1st 6 months, I wish it still was :(
  • ragslittle
    ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    me too - now I have to be very aware of my chocolate consumption!!!!
  • Kalah7Renae12Vera
    Kalah7Renae12Vera Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I am 2 weeks out, not having much of an issue with the sweets, but that's just me. I am praying that my surgery will have turned me off carbs (rice, pasta, bread etc) so far I havent had a craving which is good. I will say, before surgery I liked liverwurst, but post op, I LOVE IT. Nice and mushy with a pretty good source of protein...