Good Eats - Restaurant Reviews

Options
2»

Replies

• _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    The reservations were opened up back in August. I would say that it is highly unlikely that you will be able to get a reservation if you didn't make one then :( It isn't open for us when we go (Just 11 days from now!)
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Has anyone managed to get reservations for the new "Be Our Guest" restaurant? I've been trying for weeks, and so far, no go. :frown:

68 days to Disney! :flowerforyou:

Keep trying! People cancel their reservations all the time.
  • hullchris
    hullchris Posts: 16 Member
    Options

I have heard Tony's is more hit than miss. I think it's one of the most consistantly low rated restaurants in Disney World. Which is really too bad, because the theming is epic.

Did not like Tony's at all, we were really disappointed!

We leave in two days for our trip our repeats this time include Rose and Crown in Epcot (love the corn beef sandwhich they serve during lunch) and Big Brew at Boardwalk (its a safe place for pickey eaters). Maybe if I have time I'll post some pictures while I'm away ;)
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    The rose and crown was AMAZING. We both LOVED the Cottage Pie!!

But our favorite meal, by far, was at Le Cellier. OH MY GOSH. We had Cheddar Cheese Soup to start which knocked my socks off, and then had the fillet mignon with wild mushroom risotto and white truffle sauce... I died from pure deliciousness... over and over...
  • hullchris
    hullchris Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Has anyone managed to get reservations for the new "Be Our Guest" restaurant? I've been trying for weeks, and so far, no go. :frown:

We just back from our vacation and while the new addition has not opened they were doing trial runs and we were able to get into Be Our Guest. It's beautiful in there and if you can't get dinner reservations don't panic. They are going to be a counter service during the day so you could still get to look around and eat.

For dinner my husband had the strip steak which was amazing and I had the cornish hen which in my opinion left alot to be desired. Because we were on vacation we had desserts both of them were amazing. I would post some pictures but I have yet to figure that out. I'll have to do some reading :).
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I would not recommend Coral Reef at Epcot...very few tables with a good view of the aquarium (and very few fishes in the tank to see)...yet it's crazy expensive. However, I HIGHLY recommend Biergarten, also at Epcot. All you can eat, and the food is superb, the atmosphere is adorable. Also recommend the Patisserie in France...some yummy, quaint treats. In Magic Kingdom, the Columbia Harbour House has yummy clam chowder. Chrystal Palace has EEYORE, but the food was meh. At Downtown Disney, Fulton's Crab House is delish...just watch out for the fish and chips...too greasy. The fish tacos and shrimp po'boy were divine.
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    I would not recommend Coral Reef at Epcot...very few tables with a good view of the aquarium (and very few fishes in the tank to see)...yet it's crazy expensive. However, I HIGHLY recommend Biergarten, also at Epcot. All you can eat, and the food is superb, the atmosphere is adorable. Also recommend the Patisserie in France...some yummy, quaint treats. In Magic Kingdom, the Columbia Harbour House has yummy clam chowder. Chrystal Palace has EEYORE, but the food was meh. At Downtown Disney, Fulton's Crab House is delish...just watch out for the fish and chips...too greasy. The fish tacos and shrimp po'boy were divine.

We went to coral reef. We got seated in a beautiful private booth by the aquarium and we LOVED our meal. They also gave us a free dessert for it being our honeymoon. I would definitely go back. But I have heard that it can be REALLY hit and miss.
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    My Brief Reviews:

1. Rainforest Cafe: Never, ever, ever again. Terrible food and lame service.
    2. Pop Century Food Court: Mediocre but tasty none the less. Loved the tyedye cheesecake.
    3. Liberty Tree Tavern: LOVE!!! Pot Roast is amazing as is the BLT!! OMG!
    4. Pecos Bill: Subpar taco salads. Not good.
    5. Coral Reef: We loved the atmosphere and our food was good. We had amazing service too. It needs an upgrade in decor though,
    6. Rose & Crown: Absolutely delish. Cottage Pie was to die for.
    7. Whispering Canyon: Pretty good. Loved the beef. The desserts were all pretty poor though.
    8. ABC Commissary: Just kinda okay
    9. Sci Fi Dine In Theater: Horrible service, crummy food... one of the worst places of the trip.
    10. Flame Tree BBQ: Amazing!! So Tasty!!
    11. Sleep Hollow Refreshments: Pretty good, but nothing will blow your socks off.
    12. Boatwright's Dining Hall: Incredibly delish. I loved my food and so did corey. Amazing service too.
    13. Raglan Road: Incredible. Tasty and amazing atmosphere.
    14. Earl of Sandwish: Tasty for sure!
    15. Wolfgang Puck Express: Really good, especially for express food. Go for the pasta!
    16. Cosmic Rays: Pretty good burgers.
    17. 50's Prime Time Cafe: Stellar fried chicken. LOVED it. And great milkshakes!
    18. Casey's: Great hot dogs with cool toppings
    19: Le Cellier: Insanely good food. BEST OF THE TRIP AND MY WHOLE LIFE!! Cheddar Cheese soup is great but the fillet mignon on mushroom risotto with a white truffle sauce!? UNBELIEVABLE.
    20. Main St Bakery: Amazing cinnamon buns
    21. Starring Rolls: Amazing croissonts (sp?) and chocolate PB cupcakes.

I think that's everything??

Oh and the frozen lemonade is excellent.
  • oceanrose78
    oceanrose78 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Best, most underrated restaurant in WDW is IMHO Artist Point. It's quiet, romantic, beautiful views, and spectacular food. The salmon is great! (and I'm from Seattle).

Other places we have dined in no particular order:

Tony's - Lunch. On par with Olive Garden. Peaceful and cute. The food was definitely edible and we had a nice server.
    Yachtsman's Steakhouse - Good steak but no better than a good steak at Outback. Also not the best atmosphere.
    Kouzzina - Have dined here several times. Hidden gem for a nice sitdown breakfast. We've had 1 really good dinner experience, and one so/so. Depends greatly on what you order. (fisherman's stew was great)
    Grand Floridian Cafe - Bright, good place for a nice lunch or early dinner. Again, it's quiet.
    Whispering Canyon Cage - So/so, REALLY fun with kids though. My nephews still talk about the ketchup.
    San Angel - Worth it for the Ambiance. Pretty good Mexican too.
    Akershus - Dining with princesses to torture 13 year old boys - priceless! But the cold buffet is awesome, and the food was good too. Princesses were also really fun - and totally in character.
    Chefs De France - done twice at Lunch with Remi. I really like this restaurant. Reviews are mixed but it's cool inside, the servers have wonderful French flirtatious ways, Remi is cute, and you don't feel rushed. I love the windows and watching the crowds stroll by.
    Garden Grill - If you eat a lot of meat this is a great family style meal. If you have kids, the character interaction is wonderful and not rushed.
    Crystal Palace - Winnie The Pooh Breakfast, 'nuff said. Typical buffet, but fresh and nice.
    Jiko - Would love to go back sans kids and really, really enjoy this meal. Our server hated kids (unluckily for him we had 5 well behaved but under 10 kids with us on that trip), but the food was AWESOME! Watch for the changing scenery on the walls.
    ESPN Club - Really pretty nice if there's no game on. The salad we got was good enough I ordered another for takeout later.
    Hoop De Do - We love the cornbread. Last time I was there I requested a special fish meal (eating Pescetarian) and they made me a slab of salmon. It was overcooked but not bad, and the rest was great. This is another traditional place with my nephews. Look for the cheaper seats on the sides of the balcony, it's a fun view.
    Ohana - We had a lot of fun here. The dessert is to die for. However, it is crowded and loud.
    Kimono's Hidden little sushi bar in the Swan. Good sushi - and Karaoke.
    Beaches and Cream - Have a nice menu along with the ice cream and an awesome Veggie Burger.
    Captain's Grill - Really nice breakfast buffet, and it's quiet.

--
    Counter service:

Favorite: Sunshine Seasons. They have a really nice breakfast too, along with a lot of options for lunch.

In Magic Kingdom, Cosmic Rays has good Rotisserie chicken, and a veggie sub as well.

In Animal Kingdom, Yak and Yeti CS is great (would love to try the TS, and has a ressie last trip but it was 100 degrees that day and I canceled it.

Hollywood Studios - Hit up Pizza Planet 1/2 hour before it opens. It's unlocked the arcade is on, and you can have a peaceful airconditioned half hour before being 10th in line to grab a pizza for the kids.

Finally, don't forget the Dole Whip Float and the cinnamon rolls, and the strawberry bars...