Introductions

Options
Welcome Everyone!! I'm so excited to be starting this journey with all of you! I know that some of you have less than 30 to lose and some have more...but to me, 30 pounds sound like a good round number to focus on! Let's take some time to introduce ourselves!

My name is Crystal; I'm 31 and the happy wife of one amazing man! We have 3 kiddos - a boy who's 6, a boy who's 4 & a girl who's 1. They were all born in the month of May....so it's a busy month for us! I'll be needing all of you then for sure!! After baby #2 I lost all of my "baby weight" and got down to 136 then...when my sweet girl came along I put it all back on. My desire is to get back down to that weight and stay there! I'd like to lose 10lbs/month...that's how I did it back in the day....so I'm hoping it'll work again this time! :-)

I'm really hopeful this group will stick together! I would like to encourage all of you to stay committed and even on bad days, weeks, months (we all have them) come here to find support! No one is expecting perfection from anyone! I get discouraged when I see motivated and excited people start a blazing fire only for it to be put out shortly after it started. Let's keep it burning! Let's come together and help each other out! Unfortunately, groups won't notify you when new posts come up or when people reply to you, so check back here often, post often & lets really get to know each other!! Let's make a change!

Replies

• LKG31
    LKG31 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My name is Lauren and I am 29 and living in the fabulous city of Chicago. I was born and raised in the suburbs and live and breathe Chicago sports :) I have a BF of 3 years and work in the healthcare industry.
    I was an in shape athlete throughout my childhood and teen years, I could always eat what and when I wanted and was always the "skinny girl", and then in my 20's something happened....My metabolism started changing and I was less active. With that and certain stressors, I suffered from an ED for quite a few years throughout this decade of my life and the binging and recovery period completely changed my body, metabolism, weight and overall health. I am on MFP and in this group to finally get my body back on track, reset my metabolism and be fit and fabulous! I turn 30 8/3/2012 and I want to enter the next decade of my life feeling better than ever!
    I am loving MFP and the support I have found within my friends and I'm so excited my fabulous friend, Crystal, decided to start this group! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and encourage and support each other through this journey!

I think a good idea would be to make some challenges each week (You're really good at them, Crystal!!), share our workouts, struggles, victories and anything we may feel like discussing!
  • AnnDenny
    AnnDenny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'll go next! :smile:
    My name is Anna, I'm 19 yeas old and I will be a Sophmore at Murray State University. Go Racers! I attended Midway College for my first year, and I lost 30 pounds my freshman year! College life seemed to help me loose. But the more I went home, the more I gained :frown: Well those 30 pounds are back and I am ready to get rid of that and more for good. I am at my heaviest at 220 pounds. Loosing weight is important because I am on the equestrian team and there is a weight limit that I MUST not go over for the health of me and the horses. Not being able to ride my horse because of my weight would break my heart. So I am commited to getting healther!
    Thanks for adding me to this group! Good luck everyone :bigsmile:
  • dawnschrecengost66
    Options
    Hi, my name is Dawn, I'm 46 and live outside of Pittsburgh. Joined MFP last year, and did fairly well with it and exercise, lost about 20 lbs., and then in late March had to have Thyroid surgery, and that derailed me for about a month or six weeks and I never got the same drive, and then work got the best of me and my husband was unemployed, then I was in the hospital with chest pains..... just a series of nonsense excuses that I keep saying are reasons.

I'm done making excuses, I have two children 19 and 20, and now it's time to focus a bit on me and my wants and needs. I want to be healthy, and happy, and thinner than I am now.

I'm excited to be a part of this group, and to use it to recharge my journey !

Thanks !

Dawn
  • ambers80
    ambers80 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    HI! Thanks for sending me a request to join! My name is Amber I'm 32, from Memphis, TN.
    My goal is to lose 30lbs by March/April. I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) and have fertility issues. Husband & I have been trying to concieve for 4 years now with 2 miscarriages. Just recently went back to fertility dr to talk about starting treatments again, but he wants me to lose weight before we try again. The less weight the better our chances.
    Good luck to everyone. Wish you the best in your journey!!
  • NanzyBoek
    NanzyBoek Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Im in!
    I have 34-44pds to loose. Im 36, engaged and have this same 30pds to loose for the last 10years.
    No real sob story, just gained 3pds a year since my 20's. Eating out and drinking are my problems, if I could only eat at home or make better choices and put the wine away Id get to my goal asap! I go out to eat 5 dinners a week and about 4 lunch's. My breaky is always perfectly healthy lol (its a start!).
    Time to lock myself at home and ditch the booze.
    I love the eating clean way of life inspired by Tosca Reno. I'll be following her guidelines from her books and magazines. http://www.toscareno.com/
    To help keep me motivated I think Im re-joining the 8week Challenge to keep me on track January 21st they are starting up another Challenge. http://8weekchallenge.com/
    I have a fitbit to monitor me daily and I enjoy watching my stats in groups on there.
    I like to be competitive, friend me if you like :)

Nancy
  • FiveElevenClimb
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm Jared, 24 years old. I am an environmental engineer in northern Nevada for a gold mine. I have always lived in very rural settings. Between high school sports and my outdoor style of life, my teen years were spent in very good shape, able to eat whatever I felt like. Now that is not the case. I put on about 80 pounds in 3 years of college. Over the past year I have lost 50 of that and am looking to lose the last 30 then bulk back up a bit. I have a lovely wife who is with me everywhere I go. My amazing labrador is always begging me to go duck hunting so she can get some retrieving in. Currently my wife and I are moving into our new house so I have been pretty tied up with that. I am going to start my 3rd round of P90X as soon as we are moved in. One of my major reasons for wanting to be fit again is to get constantly better at rock climbing. It is something I thoroughly enjoy. I would love to send El Capitan in Yosemite for my 26th birthday (January 2014). I would also like to climb Everest one day.
  • raelorien
    raelorien Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kim. I'm from Chesterfield Va and I am 37 years old. Went through thyroid issues in my 20's and packed on the pounds and haven't been able to really get rid of them. I work out several times a week (weights, belly dancing, really need to get better with cardio). I'm currently 192 lbs and would like to get down to 160. Current body fat percentage is 38.6, goal is to lose 2% this month. I look forward to being on this journey with you.
  • Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

I'm Amy and I'm from a small town in Missouri. I'm married to my high school sweetheart, we've been married one year, together for almost 8. I've gained close to 50 lbs throughout the course of our relationship (he claims he hasn't noticed). I'm not needing to be as skinny as I was when I was 17 but I would be happy with being a healthy weight for my height. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have gained and lost the same 5 lbs but this time, I'm SO SERIOUS, I just can't fail this time, I just can't! I've lost a little over 4 lbs. in the past couple weeks and so now I need to lose just around 29 more before I'm at my "goal" weight.

I am going at this by trying to control my portions, by stopping eating out and drinking so much (I feel your pain on that one Nancy), adding more fruits and vegetables, and by exercising (I like to run and lift weights).

I've incorporated a goal system for me that I hope I can stick to! I used to treat myself with food and that would just derail my whole process. I saw a quote that made me laugh "Don't reward yourself with food, you're not a dog".

So that's where this came from:
    -Goal #1 - 5 lbs. by 2013 (New hair style)
    -Goal #2 - 10 lbs. by Valentine's Day (New running shoes)
    -Goal #3 - 5 lbs. by Spring (Tattoo)
    -Goal #4 - 10 lbs. by May 20th (Mexico trip and shopping spree!)

Feel free to add me for motivation and support. I try to log in everyday but I struggle sometimes on the weekends due to the lack of internet at my house in the sticks. Let's do this gang!
  • nre820
    nre820 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm Noelle. I live in Upstate NY with my wonderful husband. By day, I work an office job, which is either spent glued to my computer screen or running around trying to get things done... by evening, I work four-ish nights a week in a restaurant-At the end of this month, I'll have a few months off from job number 2.

I've always been relatively active and enjoy doing physical things, especially running. It's my therapy.

I started using MFP in November of last year after discovering that I had gained 15 lbs two or three months after getting married, but didn't REALLY start using it until March of 2012.

It's taken a really long time-January to December, but I've lost a total of 30 lbs (25 since really using mfp) and have gone from a size 14 to a size 8. According to BMI standards I need to lose another 25 lbs to be considered a "healthy" weight. And that will still put me on the very edge of that healthy BMI Standard. Luckily, I'm pretty healthy, minus the spare tire I've been carrying around.

I've lost most of the thirty pounds from the tiniest tweaks to my eating habits...but it's been mostly exercise. After a few years off, I finally started running again. This time of year has been challenging in that regard because of my work schedule, 8 am to 10 pm makes it difficult to a squeeze a run in and even harder to get up in the morning to do it.

Since Thanksgiving, I've lost 6 pounds, and that, I can tell you, is from diet as I haven't been very good about working out.

I want to do a balance of both for the last 25 lbs. That's my biggest problem, I'm still trying to toe that fine line of properly fueling my body (aka not starving and able to do a hardcore workout) and not overeating.

I really just want to tone up and get rid of this excess weight. I'm the smallest I've been since 9th or 10th grade, but I was solid muscle then.

I want to be able to run longer and further. I know that shedding these last pounds will help me avoid injury and run faster.

I have some big running goals for next year and I know that my MFP Buddies will help me stay on track!

Feel free to add me if you're looking for some extra support.
  • mallorynorris
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!

I'm Mallory and I'm from Iowa (boo!). I'm a student full time and work as a cashier part time. Ever since I was probably 14 I tend to gain weight in horrible spurts and then am forced to burn it off. My last gain was about 30lbs after a break up and now I want to get back to normal.

I don't run, but I really want to. I do a lot of turbo fire workouts and elliptical work. My problem is I tend to get hurt very easily. In the past year I've had to quit for weeks due to tendonitis in both ankles and even hurt my ribs. My dad wants to do a bunch of different 5ks and I wouldfeel bad if he did better than his 21 year old.
  • frog8381
    frog8381 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Rebecca. I'm 31. I've struggled with weight most of my life. About 4 years ago, I had gotten really into shape and was at my goal weight when I suffered a labral tear in my hip. I had surgery and am still suffering pain and arthritis now in that hip, which makes exercise hard.

But, slowly and surely, my weight is going back down.
  • COShelly
    COShelly Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Shelly and I live in Colorado. I'm 43 and I have a life long struggle with weight gain and weight loss. I joined last year and got frustrated when the scale wasn't moving. I stopped journaling and gained another 15 lbs, YUCK! I know some of it was due to stress of my hubby being deployed along with some effects of some medication I was on. This summer, I joined Metabolic Research Center (MRC) and lost 15 lbs pretty quickly, but have plateaued (nothing wrong with maintaining, I know) for at least 4 months. I got tired of paying the money to basically be looked at like "i'm cheating." I was doing everything right and still was stuck. So, last week, I freed myself from the program after I started gaining (3 lbs) and rejoined the MFP community.

I don't need to pay for a program that requires stepping on the scale and food journaling. I can do all of that right now and get the support I need from all of you!

This group is exactly what I need to get motivated again and stay that way! I have a mini goal of getting down to the next decade in 3 weeks, which as of this morning is "only" 4.8 lbs away at this point, but has been that daunting goal for the past 4 months! I just can't bust through it.

If any of you have any advice for me, I'm all ears. I'm also happy to be here!

Shelly
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hello!!

I'm Shonie! I am 24 (will turn 25 in a few days!) and I've lived in Texas my entire life! Originally from South Texas but now live in The Woodlands which is North of Houston. I hate the heat here!! So you will often see my complain about it :bigsmile: So I am a mom to an extremely active toddler (18 months old), wife to an exteremly supportive and amazing husband, furmom to 2 rescue lab mixes, full time student studying Finance and I work full time as a Operations Team Lead/Regional Trainer for a mortgage company. So I keep busy :smile:

I've re-started this weight loss/healthy life thing so many times over the last year and I am finally seeing results. Since I restarted again in September, I have lost 20 pounds and 20+ inches. I only have time to run so I started the C25K program about 8 weeks ago and I just ran my first 5K this past Saturday. It was an amazing experience and I cannot wait until I run my next one :smile: My ideal BMI weight is 150 but I'd be happy in the 150-160 range. Currently 180-183 so that puts me at 20-30 to lose. I hope to accomplish this by May 1, 2013 giving me exactly 20 weeks!

Good luck to everyone!! Feel free to add me as a friend! :flowerforyou:

-Shonie
  • hrls83
    hrls83 Posts: 46
    Options
    Hello! I am Heather. I am 29, and married to a US Navy Sailor. A Submariner to be exact. My life is sometimes a little crazy but I wouldnt trade it for the world. I am currently trying to get healthy and follow my dreams of enlisting in the Navy. I am going reserves because my husband is Active Duty and well, I dont want to chance having to live on opposite sides of the earth.

I have always been a little over weight. Nothing major though. 15-20lbs at most. But somewhere along the way I found myself up at the 220-230 range. When my husband left for Navy boot camp (Dec 2010) I started to eat better and work out. I wanted to look great for him when I saw him at graduation! I was able to get down to 198-200 ish. Not much but it was a start. Then in 2011 my life got a little out of control and I went from 200 down to 16 in about 6 weeks. But it was due to stress and lack of eating. Once my life was stable again I gained about 30lbs back.... I am VERY mad at myself for that but hey **** happens.

Why I Want To Get In Shape
    I have always wanted to join the navy, but have always been slightly too over weight. Now that I am getting close to that age when they cut you off and I am determined to just do it. I dont wanna look back on my life when I am older and think "what if". Oh and Id really like to fit back into my Navy Ball dress in April.

I find its easier to work towards little goals than one big one so I set up a goal chart for myself...

HW: 205 - 9/1/12
    SW: 197 - 11/15/12
    CW: 191 - 12/15/12

Mini Goal #1: 185
    Mini Goal #2: 175
    Major Goal #1: 165
    Enlisting in the Navy.

Mini Goal #3: 155
    Mini Goal #4: 145
    Starting our family.
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Jaime, turned 35 yesterday. Today I live in Arizona. I travel for work. I'm a Project Manager for an Electrical Engineering Firm. I manage projects like Solar Farms, Geothermal Plants, Wind Farms, Substations, blah blah. I've been in the utility industry for about 16 yrs. First the Phone Utility, then Gas Utility, now I work in Power. I'm planning to go back to school to get my MBA. In my free time I do online certifications with Vilanova for my Sigma Certification and PM Master Certifications.

I read. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I'm a book hoarder and it's my luck that I have a Kindle because my bookcases are maxed out. I average about 300 books a year. :)

I have a home in AZ, San Diego and then HOME is in NorCal.

I have done the weight loss thing numerous times. I was a heavy kid, then at about 12 yrs all of the baby fat melted away and I spent the next 8 yrs too thin for my frame or height. I averaged 115 for 5'7, my build is curvy, wide hips, big boobs. 115, when I look back at pics, I never want to be that again.

I was married for 10 yrs, no kids, I gained about 130+ pounds. Filed for divorce and lost 100 pounds in 9 months. In the last 7 yrs I have gained and lost about 60 pounds.

Now, I'm on a mission to lose 60 pounds. I started at 219.6, today I'm 210.6. Not bad for 3 weeks. I workout 5 days a week, I try to do an hour but really I average between 40 and 75 minutes. I structure my day around my gym time.

When I'm not traveling for work I have my butt in a chair working in an office (this is about 3 months a yr).

I attempt to eat healthy, make healthy eating choices every day. When I can't make a healthy choice, I find the most healthy and portion control it. I won't DENY myself something because I will obsess about it and then eat 10, so I portion control so I can enjoy but keep within my calories and carb counts.

I have an active cat.

What else...I'm VERY excited for everyone to be in this group and to see their goals and accomplishments. I'm excited to have you all show off, I'm excited to show off.

This all makes me happy.

Thank you.
  • bship15_wechanged
    bship15_wechanged Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Brent. I am 27, married for 5 years. Daughter was born in May.

Always been athletic but took some time away from the gym for my job and then put the weight on. Time to get back in shape!

Fell free to add me.
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am Cathy and I live in Colorado. I am 42 years old. I was overweight (chunky) as a kid/teenager. I gained some weight with each kid, ( 3 of them, now 23, 21 and 16) and then I quit smoking in 2007 and put on 50 lbs. I got to my high of 240 lbs then.

I dropped 90 lbs starting ing 2008 to about mid 2010. Then I got lax with eating and put back on 30 lbs in the last year to year and a half. I am having a struggle of a time changing my eating habits again.

I am however an avid exerciser. I did almost every day, hard and most days, twice a day. I love turbo fire, insanity, turbo kickboxing, body combat, running, and some weights.... Its definitely true that its 70-80% diet... as I cannot lose it by all the exercise I do for sure!

I need some help getting my eating back in line! I am a carb/sweets aholic and have recently taken up wine...which is not my friend I think...
  • tiffpyt09
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Tiffany and I live in DC metro area (DMV!). I am a full time student majoring in Electrical Engineering which means alot of late nights of studying. This past semester I went through a break-up with my ex-boyfriend that lasted 3 years. Once we broke up I decided no to fall into my own pity but to be active in order to get my mind off of him and the relationship. Amazingly it worked. I did not see alot of weight loss (more toning) but I did notice my overall health improved (being more alert, not as tired, clothes fit better, more confidence). So this journey for me is more than just trying to look my best, I have realized that it simply just makes me into a better ME! I'm currently on my winter break from school and I am 100% dedicated to lose atleast 10 pounds this month and tighten up. My long term goals is lose 15 - 20 pounds by my birthday in April and maybe even another 5 pounds by the summer. Ideally I want to start my weight lose a fairly fast BUT safe speed then start to slow down and maintain. I recently joined a local gym, I'm meeting with the trainer today to plan a workout routine. I plan to be there atleast 5 times a week. O yeah, I'm am 21, 5'5'', and I currently 161.7 lbs as of today. 150lbs here I come!!!!

NOTE: My motivation is a shopping spree, no shopping until I lose some pant sizes. I no longer want to by size 12/14 jeans and L/XL shirts. The next clothes articles must be a 8 and M lol.

Please ADD ME!!!
  • LALadyVT
    Options
    Hello everyone :) My name is Lori-ann, some people call me "LA". I am from Vermont. This is my first time joining a group and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

I am a family/child/individual mental health clinician for a non profit organization and I also have my own private practice. I am currently out of work due to back/leg issues, so I am just beginning to take short walks daily. I hope to begin yoga soon, so if anyone has any good suggestions on DVDs that would be awesome! I used to dance when I was young, but it's been difficult for me to attend classes because of my weight. A big goal of mine is to return to dancing as a hobby :) I enjoy photography, swimming, reading, and music and I hope to begin to learn how to cook healthier foods.

I would love to lose 40 lbs but 30 lbs is a great start! I am 5 7 and I weight 178 lbs. My eating habits are not very good but today I have begun a new diet plan to ensure I eat meals during the day. My weakness is sugar and eating at night. Oh, and feel free to ADD ME :)
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm 26 years old and from London
    I started putting on weight in my late teens/early 20's
    In recent years I have been going through phases of dieting, working out, losing weight then slowly putting it back on
    I really want to break this cycle once and for all and get down to a healthy bmi
    I really want this to be a lifestyle change and this time I REFUSE to put the weight back on once I lose it!
    I have also joined slimming world so I'm hoping the combination of that, mfp and exercise will slim me down.
    My goal is 30 pounds and I would love to lose half of this by my bday in Feb!!

The biggest challenge for me is learning not to eat whole tubs of ice cream, biscuits, crisps and other junk. Learning to have a hand full of sweets and not the whole bag!!

Ediri