December 15-21 Mini Challenge

Options
luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
Welcome to December Week 3

Monday Mini Challenge:
Food: stay within your calorie limit and make sure you are not eating empty calories. Give up one of your comfort foods today.
Cardio: do 30-60 minutes of increased heart rate activity. ( maybe a brisk walk or interval training)
Strength: it is crunch Monday- do 150 before midnight tonight. (3 different kinds)
Water: drink at least 64 is today.

Tuesday Mini Challenge.
Food: stay within your calorie limit. Try eating 6 smaller meals throughout the day with the higher calorie meal being breakfast. Try to not eat anything after 8pm..
Cardio: do 30-60 minutes of increased heart rate activity. (maybe take the stairs, or park farther from the door you use etc)
Strength: do 150 squats before midnight. Try some with weights.
Water: drink at least 64 ozs today.

Wednesday Mini Challenge:
Food: stay within your calorie limit and try to decrease the amount of sodium you eat. Try having only home cooked meals today.
Cardio: do 30-60 minutes of increased heart rate activity. (5 minute warm-up, 1 minute jog, 1 minute walk, X10, 5 minute cool-down)
Strength: do 10 sets of 10 lateral arm raises with 3-5 lbs.
Water: drink at least 64 ozs today

Thursday Mini Challenge
Food: stay within your calorie limit. Make sure you eat at least 3 vegetables and 2 fruits.
Cardio: do 30-60 minutes of increased heart rate activity (maybe try an exercise DVD or free video on the web)
Strength: do 3 sets of 10 forward lunges, 3 sets of 10 side lunges and 3 sets of 10 back lunges.
Water: drink at least 64 ozs today

Friday Mini Challenge:
Food: stay within your calorie limit and make sure to eat full amounts of protein. Examples are yogurt, nuts, tuna, etc
Cardio: do 30-60 minutes of increased heart rate activity today. Turn the music on or have a night out and do some dancing.
Strength: do 100 push-ups before midnight.
Water: drink at least 64 ozs

Saturday Mini Challenge
Food: stay within your calorie limit and make good snack choices
Cardio: do 30-60 minutes if increased heart rate activity. (your choice)
Strength: do some extra crunches, squats, pushups, or arm exercise on the part that needs more.
Water: drink at least 64 ozs

Sunday Mini Challenge
Enjoy a day off because you deserve it.

Please remember to stretch before and after all exercises.

I am by no means a professional in the area of fitness or nutrition and everything I write here is what I have learned from reading posts and suggestions during my journey. Please remember to exercise at your own personal level to avoid any kind of injury.

Have a great week and Keep Smiling.

Replies

• mommashelli
    mommashelli Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks Donna!

Monday:
    Food: within cals, though today I deff gave into a cupcake craving.
    Cardio: fluidity
    Strength: crunches in!
    Water: lacking on water today.

Happy Monday all!!!
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Nailed half of the Tuesday challenge already. Woot Woot!
  • mommashelli
    mommashelli Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wednesday
    Food: great with cals but over in sodium (didn't make meals prepackaged stuff today)
    Cardio: w2 d2 of c25k
    Strength:I didn't even see this. but will add them for tom.
    Water: water is lacking today.

Hope all is well with everyone else!