Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is anyone else having trouble...?

johnm8703
johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
Is anyone else having trouble "keeping it together"? I've been staying right at/around my daily calories but I find myself being tempted more than I have in the past. Is anyone else having this right now? If so, how are you combating it? If you've dealt with this in the past, what have you done to help yourself?

Replies

• SqueakGirl
    SqueakGirl Posts: 22 Member
    I am having a very hard time... I keep going over, and over and over.....
    I really didn't want "the holidays" to be an excuse. Now I am in some overeating rut.
    I keep thinking about all the good food I should eat, then order taco bell washed down with pepsi.

I'm not sure what I did to stop the roll I was on, or how to get back on it. I mean I know I can force myself to eat less, but for some reason I won't.

I'm sorry I don't have advice for you John.
  • SqueakGirl
    SqueakGirl Posts: 22 Member
    I did want to say thank you for posting this. I am afraid to show anything less than good results.
    I am not happy you are in this boat too, and I sincerely hope we both snap back to healthy ways!
  • johnm8703
    Squeak - There's no need to apologize for sharing your feelings. I'm just glad to know that I'm not alone. I know that my issue is directly related to the stress of the holidays. One of my coping mechanisms always has been eating. I find myself being able to control how frequently I eat. But I seem to make less than great choices. I just hope that once the stress of the holiday is over I'll be able to get back on track. That and I'm joining a gym later this week so I can have a daily form of stress relief. Best of luck Squeak!
  • juliek710
    juliek710 Posts: 13 Member
    I am feeling this way too! I'm not sure what the problem is other than holiday-related stress. I was doing so well and now I'm in a rut, ugh. Being extra busy this time of year tends to make me reach for convenience foods and cook less. Tonight I'm going to the supermarket, armed with a list and a plan!
  • johnm8703
    Great plan Julie! I hope that your plan works out for you! Best of luck! Just think we only have 2 more weeks of the "holidays"
  • LinkousSara
    LinkousSara Posts: 29 Member
    I have been struggling with motivation too. i found a picture of myself from last December, and compared it to a current one. It helped a lot! seeing the difference in photos!
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Struggling here, too. I'm just going to ride it out until after the holidays and hope I don't do too much damage. Happy holidays!
  • johnm8703
    I'm sorry that you all seem to be having this same issue but I'm also glad that I'm not the only one...sorry guys.

I ended up joining the Planet Fitness near my house yesterday. I went today and did about 30 minutes on the treadmill and felt re-invigorated afterwards. Also, the fact that I was able to weigh myself on a "normal" balance scale for the first time in probably 10 years helped!
  • Blossom59
    Blossom59 Posts: 81 Member
    Major struggle here. The office is full of goodies or parties everyday. I just have no will power!!! Just like an alcoholic.....one bite and I am gone!!!
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    I too have been having a bit of a time this holiday. I think that if I had been in the program for more than just 2.5 months I would have more knowledge to arm myself with against the food monsters we all deal with. I did eat some really good things and did go over a bit on three days, but I also worked my butt off exercising. I felt really good about that. So good luck with getting back on the horse so to speak and get with it!
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Between the holiday, boyfriend breaking up with me and getting wrongfully fired, therefore preventing me from going home (for the first time in 2 years), it's been super hard fighting with my food addiction. I ate a whole box of After Eight Mints (300g) box and then a whole bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs (around 300g too) in one night watching a tv show feeling bad for myself cause this Christmas I spent it completely alone.... Also in about 8 hours ate a large 12 inch hawaiian pizza and bread sticks... god I can't tell you how SICK I felt. That night was horrible and beyond "having trouble". I felt so crappy like I was in a ditch. Thankfully though, I still lost weight this week and I feel a lot better now! Although, chocolate is still super tempting and I know my birthday is coming up on 9th of Jan so friends wanna go out and do something special... it's going to be hard to resist I think..

That being said, the new year is right around the corner and I'm hoping for a fresh start to get my life back on track... Glad I am so not alone....
  • Well, for me cravings usually last 15-20 minutes then subside. If i'm already at or over my calorie limit, I try a glass or two of room temperature or warm water, then get into something like reading, using the computer etc. What i really like doing to distract myself is look at the success stories on here, see peoples before/after pictures and tell myself if i can just exercise self control that'll be me one day. Also, considering the time of the year and holiday treats being plentiful, sometimes i plan ahead of time and put aside some of my calories for a small snack. I'll allow myself that gingerbread man if i plan it right!
  • margieyoumans
    margieyoumans Posts: 181 Member
    I did a before and after in early December and that helped a lot. I also found that I had a lot of pressure with the Holidays and have to say I failed quite a bit. So ready for tomorrow and a new start.