Thoughts?

Options
mgnmsn
mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2031028724001/merry-christmas-to-all-except-those-who-are-offended/

They were so disrespectful to him. I do not even know what to think....

Replies

• staubng
    staubng Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thoughts? Drop the garbage Fox News station for starters. In the deeper issue, however, while this is slightly sensationalized by design, none of us can dictate what is offensive to someone else. Period. We should never allow ourselves to cross the ego over to telling someone they are or are not offended. The offensive gesture is not the "merry Christmas", it is the combative dismissal as soon as someone counters it. People who are afraid to offend probably should stick to Happy Holidays, people who can't help but offend aren't going to care one way or the other, so as an atheist (and recovered Conservative Baptist Christian), I've seen both sides of the argument, allbeit I've never challenged anyone over the issue. It seems a rare event as I've come across it to be an issue, though I can't imagine walking up to a gilded rabbi and wish him a Merry Christmas. Despite not being Jewish, I'd probably say Happy Chanukah.