"I said UMAMI...not your mama!!!!" 12/18

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Mmmmm, chicken or pork chops smothered in a gravy with MUISHROOMS! YUMO! Mushrooms are a haven for carnivores and hervivores alike! The add that 'punch' to any meal! If you are limiting calories or just trying to cut back on meat, the wonderful variety of mushrooms add a great addition to that 'meaty' flavor.
I like all mushrooms and believe me they all do not taste alike. I like them cooked or fresh! I like them in salads (I saw a good one with Giada on Food Network: mushrooms and celery on greens and vinaigrette), in soups, and in the main course chicken cacth-a-tory...LOL!!!!
Read up...you won't be disappointed! Challenge: eat more mushrooms low cal and won't hurt you this holiday season!
http://www.eatright.org/Public/content.aspx?id=6442471465

Peace,
WW

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of mushrooms, unless they're in something (like a sauce) or on something (like a pizza), it's kinda like carrots for me, I only like them prepared certain ways (or in the case of carrots, unprepared since I only like them raw- hate 'em cooked)
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    FYI: I just added some baby bellas to my vegetable soup recipe. I thought you all should know. :tongue:
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Love them on PIZZA!
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I think you would be proud. I had a mushroom swiss burger without the bun. I accompanied it with bottled water and a side salad with a drizzle of balsamic vinagrette.

I love mushrooms but alas the family does not. To compensate I eat mushrooms when dining out.

Thank you for the article. I had no idea that mushrooms were so beneficial.
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I've never been a fan of mushrooms, but I'm really trying to get myself to like them. All of this information makes me want to try even harder. My parents both love them though so maybe while I'm home for the holidays I can acquire a taste for them. Haha
  • fit_ash
    fit_ash Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    just had a salad with boiled mushrooms as one of the main ingredients. it was super spicy and super delicious.
    not to mention very healthy.
    doesnt sound that appealing but i swear it was good! :D