Disney's Princess Half Marathon Feb 22-24

Options

Replies

• rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm all signed up and getting ready to run :)
  • kace406
    kace406 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'll be there! I'm registered and training. My first half! I can't wait!
  • misha5555
    misha5555 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm registered too! First race outside of my local area!
  • DianaV86
    DianaV86 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I want to register but not 100% sure yet. I am getting ready for my first half (Wine & Dine) so I think I want to see if I survive that first before I commit to another one lol
  • rlmiller73190
    Options
    I'm getting a little nervous for the run! I'm afraid I won't be able to finish! My goal is to finish the race..I'm not worried about my time. 13.1 miles is a lot ....
  • GeekGirlRunning
    Options
    I signed up for this JUST before it sold out on a whim with some prodding from a friend. I'm scared to death! I tried the January 1/2 Marathon in 2007 (my first ever) and got kicked off the course for being too slow. So now almost 6 years later and more than 60 lbs lighter I'm going to try again. My goal is just to finish. I'm doing C25K to ease me into running (because I'm horrible at it - mostly the breathing) and running isn't as bad as I thought. Granted I'm nowhere near 13 miles yet, but I've been doing about 40 minutes run/walk at a 12.5 minute mile pace. I really think I can do this! Plus, if I finish, I'm seriously considering the Disneyland half in the Fall, and maybe even the Wine and Dine. I really want a coast to coast medal!

I sort of got a little bit bitten by the bug...
  • AEFidgets
    Options
    I'm signed up and training!!!! Goal is to be under 15 min/mile the entire time.
  • rlmiller73190
    Options
    How's everyone's training coming? I'm using the Hal Higdon Novice 2 program and I just finished my long run for week 3, six miles :) as much as I keep psyching myself out, i think i'll be ready come race day (or let's hope!)
  • AEFidgets
    Options
    I'm doing ok, do 6 miles this Sunday. Today's 5 miles got rained out, blah.

Would anyone be interested in meeting and doing lunch at the race? Either Sat or Sunday after the race. Obviously in a public place for safety etc etc.
  • rlmiller73190
    Options
    I'm currently visiting family in Chicago and trying to train in the cold. How do y'all deal with the cold weather while running?
  • dreamer12781
    Options
    I just found this group! I'm signed up and running 8 1/2 this weekend, along with making my tutu!! =)
  • AEFidgets
    Options
    What color tutu are you going to be wearing? I thought about getting one, just not pink!!!
  • rlmiller73190
    Options
    My tutu is hot pink! Although I really want a teal one!
  • AEFidgets
    Options
    I'm thinking I'm going to do gold and blue (Navy colors) because I'm a Navy girl....
  • rlmiller73190
    Options
    About 3 weeks left! I think I am rethinking my decision to wear a tutu...I'm not sure I'll be able to run 13.1 miles in the big poofy tutu that I have. Getting excited!
  • andrea9873
    andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a sparkle tech skirt! but ugh i do have some buyers remorse...price wise it's like the bentley of fun race skirts
  • rlmiller73190
    Options
    Hey ladies! I hope you all did fabulously and you are feeling well! I did a review of the race on my blog! Here it is if you're interested :D

Recap of my weekend at Disney and the Princess Half Marathon! It's very picture heavy!!

http://undercoverdiva-asitcom.blogspot.com/2013/02/disney-princess-half-marathon-weekend.html#!/2013/02/disney-princess-half-marathon-weekend.html
  • andrea9873
    andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I hope you all did fabulously and you are feeling well! I did a review of the race on my blog! Here it is if you're interested :D

Recap of my weekend at Disney and the Princess Half Marathon! It's very picture heavy!!

http://undercoverdiva-asitcom.blogspot.com/2013/02/disney-princess-half-marathon-weekend.html#!/2013/02/disney-princess-half-marathon-weekend.html

Great post! I just subscribed to your blog! I ran this weekend as well...my first half. I wasn't feeling good at all with the humidity (I'm in Maryland), i stopped at every medic station for a 10 minute break then of course a few pics too. My goal was to finish!
  • rlmiller73190
    Options

Great post! I just subscribed to your blog! I ran this weekend as well...my first half. I wasn't feeling good at all with the humidity (I'm in Maryland), i stopped at every medic station for a 10 minute break then of course a few pics too. My goal was to finish!

Thank you! It was very humid this past weekend, more so than it has been in the area! I was glad that I live in Florida so I had trained in weather like that, but it was definitely tough to keep it together during the race!!
  • AEFidgets
    AEFidgets Posts: 243
    Options
    The humidity, was outrageous but I was coming from SoCal where it's super dry.