#1 way to derail/not count points

Options
Ras_py
Ras_py Posts: 129 Member
I was thinking abt this last night as i was cooking dinner... Whats your opinion.. maybe something we can all open our eyes to.. My #1 I think is cooking.. When i cook dinner i tend to "taste" the dinner.. Those all add up to points!! Its really hard for me NOT to taste here and taste there.. What abt you?

Replies

• amberannlewis
    Options
    Oh this is a good question. Mine for the longest time was alcohol. I'd be tracking my drinks and then after a few I wouldn't track and then I'd be hungry and make poor choices. I finally was able to get close to goal when I completely gave it up. In fact, I would say alcohol was the reason I hit my highest weight any way. So, it was really difficult for me to realize that, but now that I've seen results I can no longer deny that alcohol was the reason for my weight gain. How does everybody else handle alcohol?
  • Ras_py
    Ras_py Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Oh this is a good question. Mine for the longest time was alcohol. I'd be tracking my drinks and then after a few I wouldn't track and then I'd be hungry and make poor choices. I finally was able to get close to goal when I completely gave it up. In fact, I would say alcohol was the reason I hit my highest weight any way. So, it was really difficult for me to realize that, but now that I've seen results I can no longer deny that alcohol was the reason for my weight gain. How does everybody else handle alcohol?

i def agree with this as well! thats hard bc i have so much fun with my husband sitting on the porch on a friday night LOL for now, i have been trying my best to stay away from it. IF i have some trying to go for wine or something and limit it!
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    i use to be addicted to alcohol when i was married to my ex going through marriage problems. I just decided to go cold turkey cause once i drink I'm no good lol. It wasn't easy but i found other ways to deal with stress like exercise and writing down how I'm feeling. Alcohol can be fun at times but not to the point like i did drank to get sleep.
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Ras, that's my major flaw too. I confess! I'm guilty of that taste here and there while cooking. I'm getting a little better now because I don't hang around the kitchen long enough or I'll serve myself a cup of coffee that I'll drink while I cook. I don't know if you feel the same but when I drink coffee my desire to eat diminishes. It is very satisfying in itself. I tend to "pinch" less food when I've just had my cup o joe.

Or another possibility is to serve yourself some carrots. I would say have any snack you would usually have in your day at the time you are cooking. That way at least you know how much points/calories you are consuming.

Amberannlewis, good for you for breaking the habit. That is inspiring. If you did it so can we. For me alcohol is a social thing and I much rather have wine in a nice glass.

I think a Friday night glass (just one) won't break your week and you are still spending quality time with your husband. Another thing I do is, if I'm home I'll serve myself a very light/diet drink in a wine glass. It sure might look like I'm drinking like everyone else but it's just juice. You can fool anyone too if it's and ice tea flavored packet since the color is sorta amber like some drinks.
  • Momwasix
    Options
    Ras, that's my major flaw too. I confess! I'm guilty of that taste here and there while cooking. I'm getting a little better now because I don't hang around the kitchen long enough or I'll serve myself a cup of coffee that I'll drink while I cook. I don't know if you feel the same but when I drink coffee my desire to eat diminishes. It is very satisfying in itself. I tend to "pinch" less food when I've just had my cup o joe.

Or another possibility is to serve yourself some carrots. I would say have any snack you would usually have in your day at the time you are cooking. That way at least you know how much points/calories you are consuming.

Amberannlewis, good for you for breaking the habit. That is inspiring. If you did it so can we. For me alcohol is a social thing and I much rather have wine in a nice glass.

I think a Friday night glass (just one) won't break your week and you are still spending quality time with your husband. Another thing I do is, if I'm home I'll serve myself a very light/diet drink in a wine glass. It sure might look like I'm drinking like everyone else but it's just juice. You can fool anyone too if it's and ice tea flavored packet since the color is sorta amber like some drinks.

Okay good idea we will call that zero point liquor diet soda in a wine glass.
  • Momwasix
    Options
    are you a fan of crystal light if so they have non alcoholic flavor apple martini and Margarita and mojito and they are zero points plus or 0 points momentum.
  • amberannlewis
    Options
    Yes, I love crystal light and I've even tried those flavors. I think I enjoyed the social aspect that came with the alcohol much more than the beverage itself. :)
  • cjacole
    cjacole Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Once I get off track for the day I eat horrible for the whole day which sometimes leads to weeks. I feel like I'm back on track now and in the right mind frame. I just have to stay strong during the holidays.