Goals

Options
How does everyone set their goals? Do you go by weight, measurements, nsv? Or do you have an activity that you would like to do? An article of clothing you would like to wear?

Lets share some of our goals.

Of course I want to feel better, be healthy and look good. Those are first and probably the most important. A few fun ones I have are:

I want to wear a pair of booty shorts (and not look like a sausage) ! Then I will turn my radio up and dance to the booty song!!

I want to wear a Wonder Woman costume and look smoking hot in it!!!

Replies

• johnsonlisa90012
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Lisa Johnson and I've been 230 pounds for a while. . .and then decided to quit smoking. I am terrified to get bigger, and obviously was disgusted with myself at 230. I am now about 240 and only smoke free for 24 days. How bad is this going to get?

I want to look gorgeous . . I have a photo I am using as a guide.
  • ElizabethAnn1993
    ElizabethAnn1993 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    im going to do my goals by weight loss :)
  • ky06092012
    Options
    I hate the scale. Therefore i try my hardest not to use it. I think i am going to set my goal by clothing size. By my !st anniversary I would like to be down to a size 8! so thats ten pants sizes down! EEEK.. But i'm going to do it :) The next six months will be an amazing journey!
  • soonergirl97
    soonergirl97 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    As I already said i want to get into a size 14 small goals are better for me but I also want to be at a place by the end of the year where I would be comfortable getting my husband boudoir photos next christmas( the idea at this datge and time makes me a tad shakey)
  • danielleleigh1991
    danielleleigh1991 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a couple a ways to set goals.

1. The first and foremost way is the scale, just because it is nice to be able to celebrate little victories which accompany losing "a pound" or two. My short-term goal is 1-2 lbs a week and my long term goal is 80-100 lbs.

2. I would be so happy to be out of the plus size section of the store. It is so frustrating to know that there are places that I can't shop simply because I am to big. Someone says, "oh there is a sale at such-n-such", and I think to myself, "I haven't shopped at such-n-such since I was in elementary school".

3. When I can go to a part and have "a treat" or say no entirely as opposed to "a whole tray of sweets or fast carbs"...this is a little victory worth fighting for.
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Ultimately, my goal is a specific number on the scale. But I have lots of smaller goals that I make along the way that aren't scale-related. These things help me remember that the scale shouldn't control my sense of happiness and give me that wonderful feeling of satisfaction even when the scale may not say what I want it to say. Right now, my non-scale goals are: finish C25k (because if I can run during winter in the mountains, I can do ANYTHING), buy jeans in the "regular people" section of the store, and do 10 "real" push ups.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I honestly picked 170 as my goal weight b/c that would finally put my BMI in the healthy range (right now still trying to get into "overweight" range). Once I hit that, I will re-evaluate what my real goals should be. It seems that the current 10 pounds I am working on has taken a lot longer than the 5 before it. I am enjoying the holidays so if this one takes me longer, so be it. I am still so much better off than I was last year at this time, it is difficult to be anything but happy. :smile:
  • njkilmer28
    njkilmer28 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My step-son told me that some of his "friends", have made fun of me for being fat and that has to stand up for me. I DO NOT want him to have to defend me anymore and I DO NOT want to embarass him or my step-daughter. I love them like are my mine (in fact, they are the only kids that I have) and I don't want to hurt them. And this is hurting them in a sense. There are many other goals but not embarassing my kids is the number 1 reason why I want to lose the weight.

I have a 2 small glass vases sitting on my bar. One was filled with 100 pretty stones and other was left empty. I have added 12 to the empty one. They represent weight to lose and weight lost, when the 100 is empty I will put 40-50 back in it and start over. It is a nice visual reminder for me but it also helps the kids see the progress that I'm making. And every week my son waits to see if I move any of the stones.
  • arwsgirl
    arwsgirl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Goals:

1. Get out of plus sized clothing.

2. Lose 1-2 lbs/week

3. Wear my favorite jeans again.

4. Get back into my bikini!!

5. Be able to rock climb again!
  • aditifoodie
    aditifoodie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I set my goals through wt and I want to be in the normal range of bmi.
  • a_better_me_for_me
    Options
    I love to see all the goals posted here! Its such an inspirational thing :-)
  • manohirarevolutions
    Options
    for a 5'2 my ideal weight is 122. so that number is my ultimate goal weight, which of course I realize i wont be able to achieve in one year.

currently i weigh 215 lbs and I plan to lose 15 lbs in the first two months of 2013, and then I will lose 5-10 lbs every 2 months for the rest of the year. in total i hope i can lose 50-70 lbs in 2013.

i hope i can achieve my ultimate goal weight on my 33rd birthday in august 2014.

exercise plan:
    mostly cardio. i havent think about strength training or weight training.
  • Kashton2011
    Kashton2011 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be able to buy UK size 14 clothing and be able to shop in some of the 'skinnier' shops! I'm not to focussed on a single number - I know my weight will fluctuate not only day by day but week by week but as long as I can keep in the clothing size I will be one happy person

Good luck everyone!
  • a_better_me_for_me
    Options
    My goal is to be able to buy UK size 14 clothing and be able to shop in some of the 'skinnier' shops! I'm not to focussed on a single number - I know my weight will fluctuate not only day by day but week by week but as long as I can keep in the clothing size I will be one happy person

Good luck everyone!

I like your goal!!
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I want to wear nice clothes and dresses that don't look like muumuus!
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    For half a century, I have relied on the scale to determine my sense of self worth. Old habits are hard to break. I'm still going to look at the scale (weekly) and I plan to measure (monthly).

My immediate goals:
    Eat healthier
    Eat smaller meals
    Eat more often
    Move more (slow walking)
    Lift very light weights (3 pounds)
    Regain some energy

Short-term goals:
    Conquer my fear of increased heart rate and breathing
    Use the treadmill (3-4 times week)
    Walk a flight of stairs without stopping to catch my breath

Mid-term goals:
    Reach 199 pounds, taking me out of the MORBIDLY obese range
    Look forward to exercise
    Crave healthy food (as opposed to processed junk)
    Be healthier

Long-term goals:
    Lose so much that I need to replace every article of clothing in my closet!
    Can talk while walking up a flight of stairs
    Reach 170, moving me into the "overweight" category.
    Be even healthier

Ultimate goal:
    145 pounds, putting me at the highest end of "normal" range.
    Be the healthiest I have been since I was 30.
    Look good in my clothes
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    By Easter I want to be at 100 kilos, thats just over a kilo a week from today (or 220 pounds, about 2.5 pounds a week). I also want to do some form of exercise every single day till then. I want to buy clothesin the normal section, currently between 20 and 24 depending on the store.
  • dointammy
    dointammy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My overall goal is to lose 140 lbs (that would put me at 150lbs) my other shorter term goal is to fit into a pair of black jeans I bought 2 years ago, they are hanging on my closet door and every morning when I wake up I see them and it helps me stay motivated:)
  • a_better_me_for_me
    Options
    This is wonderful!! Keep those goals coming!!
  • Rebirth08
    Rebirth08 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every 30-40days. But my goals change...My goals are determied by what I do. For example, my goal today is to consume no alcohol and get 3 hours of exercise in. I would like to be at or under 200 pounds by 1/1/13, but my body will respond accordingly to the choices that I make. So, my goals are more in my choices, not the way clothes fit or the scale.