What's throwing a wrench in your 30 day plan?

Options
I've been down with the flu since Monday and my 30 day plan to look/feel better by Christmas has gone down the tubes. I'm on day 4 of lying around, feeling like death, and dreaming of being able to work out and focus on weight loss/fitness.

What's throwing a wrench in your 30 day plan?

Replies

• TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My bf and I are struggling with money so getting decent food has been hard. I've been trying to watch my portions but I know a lot of it hasn't been very nutritious.
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat so carefully last week, so my last weigh in showed a 2 lb water weight retention. It was gone and took some of its friends with it as of Tuesday of this week, and now I just have to maintain that loss. Chinese buffet last night didn't help, but that was a Wednesday, so I have a few more days to lose that sodium and burn off any excessive calories.
  • carly_am
    carly_am Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Christmas parties!! Or more to the point alcohol. Empty calories and the next day I just want to eat full fat cheese on toast. A tonne of it. :(

I'm feeling like this right now, and the most frustrating thing is ITS MY OWN FAULT!!
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Flu last week, complicated with taking care of a sick friend (so no rest for me) and now a cold. Got to love working with little kids who haven't learned to cover and cough!
  • swingsintherain
    swingsintherain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Finals, a christmas party last night, and my TOM (bloating makes motivation hard).
  • carriagetown
    Options
    Stress and being under the weather. Hmph. Today's a new day, but let me tell you, I am actually AFRAID to weigh myself.
  • allisonoftherowan
    Options
    Ugh, it's been one of the hardest months of my life, actually. Between a very turbulent family situation, taking medicine that causes significant weight gain, stress from final exams, and a lack of money to buy quality food like I usually eat, I've been just blahhh. Because I'm so stressed and not eating well, my workouts have been suffering, so I'm not seeing as many results as I had hoped.

I guess there's always next month.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    The fact that EVERY DAY, my husband has a new date to come home!!!
    I thought I'd have a full 30 days-ish. lol

No, he is returning TOMORROW! I'm sooooooo excited, but feel totally defeated too :(

I've pretty much given up on this year.
    Once he gets home, there will be alcohol, eating out... Xmas dinner.
    I've just decided, I'll be on the "New Years Resolution" bandwagon next year!
  • carriagetown
    Options
    That's ok, ExplorinLauren....give yourself a break. ENJOY your husband's homecoming without feeling guilty about food!! When the homecoming and holiday celebrations have quieted down, you can KICK BUTT. Here's to January...a new and healthy year for all of us.
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    Options

No, he is returning TOMORROW! I'm sooooooo excited, but feel totally defeated too :(

Hooray for your hubby coming home early!! Enjoy your time with him and just try to make the best choices you can.
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options

Not to be crude, but I imagine that with your husband coming home today, you're going to be getting a lot of extra "exercise" in the next few days. Enjoy his homecoming, spend time with him, hug him a LOT, make healthy choices when eating, but don't sweat it. Right now he should be your focus. :-)
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    As much as I absolutely love him, my husband's 2 week leave in the middle of the 30 days. I spent 2 nights in hotel rooms, 6 days driving, and 6 days with the in-laws. Nowhere in the middle of that was "let's all have a salad!".
  • cbellanger
    cbellanger Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    There have been so many parties, and junk in the house. People feel inclined to love me b giving me food ha ha! I am trying to stay on track the best I can but failing miserably. I have been doing my 30 day shred, but no exercise on m off days like I had been. I am still trying, but this may just be a maintenance month for me unless I can get into this more mentally.
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost bunches, but most all of our "celebration food" is healthier than all the years before. Also now the hubby has finally decided to get on board, so I am thinking that will help tons! He cooks most of the time- I usually just prep. lol