Life after ChaLean Extreme

Options
Alioops831
Alioops831 Posts: 207 Member
I've decided to do my Jillian Michaels DVDs next mixed with Leslie Sansone walk DVDs. I'm really thinking about purchasing TurboFire, though....

Replies

• bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I own Turbo Fire and haven't used it yet! Bought it at the same time I bought ChaLean Extreme. Was gonna do the hybrid calendar but then decided I didn't want EVERYTHING to be new, so I'm just doing CLX now and mixing in running and TJ. I think I'll do the hybrid next. I'm afraid of losing muscle if I don't keep lifting consistently. So until I find another program that exclusively uses adjustable dumbbells, I'll just mix up cycles of CLX with other things. I wish I had room for a barbell, etc. but my condo is tiny and I hate gyms.

I met a BB coach in New Orleans last weekend that told me about a CLX/P90X hybrid so maybe I'll look into that in the future.

Also, I'm going to eventually need some new dumbbells. Mine only go up to 25. I think I'll need 50s eventually.
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'll start the Lean phase tomorrow and should finish up mid-January since I will be gone for week in there. I'm going to purchase Brazilian Butt Lift and Extreme Abs. My sister has Turbo Fire and we're going to share back and forth. I'll do that regularly until the weather starts to warm up and then I'll incorporate running @3 times a week too.
  • denise33027
    denise33027 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire! I use it for the cardio instead of Burn Intervals and Burn it off. I do love CLX. I am on my second round. I too am afraid I will lose what I have gained if I don't keep it up so I will always have it as part of my routine.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    After I finished CLX, I went onto P90X. I'm half way through it and I love the results I'm getting. I've gotten much better results with P90X than I did with CLX.
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    it took me a few weeks to decide after my CLX round ended, but I settled on a CLX and Insanity Hybrid and have been doing that for about 5 weeks. It's really challenging. I love what CLX did for my arms and wanted that to continue, but was ready to try something else for Cardio.

I did P90x before CLX and highly recommend that too---as well as a hybrid. All the programs are great.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    After I finished CLX, I went onto P90X. I'm half way through it and I love the results I'm getting. I've gotten much better results with P90X than I did with CLX.
    Out of curiosity, do you think you're getting better results because you're stronger after doing CLX and therefore able to perform better in P90X, or do you feel P90X is a much better program? :) I wavered between which one to purchase, but went for CLX since I have Turbo Jam and really like Chalean's attitude.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, do you think you're getting better results because you're stronger after doing CLX and therefore able to perform better in P90X, or do you feel P90X is a much better program? :) I wavered between which one to purchase, but went for CLX since I have Turbo Jam and really like Chalean's attitude.

I feel P90X is a better program to be honest. Others may disagree but I can only base my opinion on my own experience :) That's not to say CLX isn't a good program. I still got decent results with CLX and I like that it's shorter but I never felt like CLX targeted all the different muscles groups as well as P90X does. My journey during CLX was frustrating, change was slow, and the results were not as large as I would have hoped for over the span of 3 months. I noticed changes to my body so much faster with P90X as well as strength improvements.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I just finished CX and started P90X today....
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    I have done both P90X and CLX as well. I liked P90X but LOVED CLX. I might be that the intensity of P90X that was too extreme for my taste. Either way, I am a grad and proud of it! lol.

I am currently on my second round of CLX. This 51 year old Momma has game!
  • Alioops831
    Options
    I'm having a hard time getting motivated after finishing CLX. Maybe it's Christmas coming up and I'll get back on track after that.
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Cathe Friedrich's Slow and Heavy series...It is amazing!
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I started Les Mills Pump once I finished Chalean Extreme and LOVE it..I am getting great results so far, I'm getting ready to start week 6. Once I wrap up LMP I am heading into Body Beast.
  • Love2lift72
    Love2lift72 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Loved reading what others are doing. I can't decide what I'll do. I'm on week 2 of Lean and know I need to decide. We already own Insanity, P90X, TurboFire, Les Mills Combat, and HIp Hop Abs. I can combine or do any of those, but I've also been wavering about starting 5x5 or NROL4W. Too many great choices. LOL
  • Alioops831
    Options
    I started Jillian's 30 Day Shred. I'm on day 3 and I'm still doing Level 1, but I think I'll move myself up after a few more days. I was SO SORE after I did it the first time.
  • FitGirl329
    FitGirl329 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Reviving this thread. What weights do you need in P90x vs Chalean Extreme? I have up to 25s. Is that sufficient? Do you go heavier in P90x than you did in Chalean Extreme?
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Options
    I would gauge it based on what you achieved with CLX. I did P90x last spring (well, 6 weeks of it....I got frustrated with aspects of it but wish I had pushed through or given myself permission to skip some parts and shorten the workouts). We own up to 30 lbs hand weights. I used mostly 8 and 10 pounds during P90x because I was aiming for 10-12 reps, much like with CLX. I'm using 10-25 in CLX Push now, depending on the exercise.

Tony says over and over use heavier weights if you are trying to fail at 6-8 instead -- again, just like CLX. What Chalean does that Tony does not do is encourage the really slow, controlled movement. But he allows plenty of time to get that done, particularly if you're aiming for 6-8 with heavier weights. So, you could easily take the concepts and technique from CLX into P90x. In fact, I'm kinda tempted to try P90x again after I finish CLX. Or build my own program -- maybe alternate weeks -- P90x one week, CLX the next or something. I love Tony's attitude and exhuberance, and I find myself actually missing the Plyo X and Kenpo X as cardio workouts.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I am using lighter weights for most of the P90X stuff than what I used for CLX - I find that a lot of the P90X exercises have more reps - up to 25, and it's a lot faster...There are less leg work with weights in it - I am on day 89 of it and have not yet used anything heavier than 25lbs...I used up to 45lbs dumbells for CLX in the push month.
    You do have the opportunity to do the heavy slow moves - so I use the heavier weights for that - but he mixes it up a lot with bdy weight stuff...
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Reviving this thread. What weights do you need in P90x vs Chalean Extreme? I have up to 25s. Is that sufficient? Do you go heavier in P90x than you did in Chalean Extreme?
    I'm still good with the same weights that I used in CLX(we have the PowerBlocks w/add on plate that range from 10-70lbs with 2.5lb increments if you want).
    In P90X you are exhausting the same one or two muscle groups throughout the particular workout DVD; i.e. shoulders, chest, and triceps; you are exhausting the tricep with push-ups, tricep extensions, etc so you might have to decrease your weight just during one segment.
    Today I did back and biceps, at the start of the DVD I was using one weight for biceps but after several different bicep moves had to lower to my weight for another move because your bicep is exhausted.
    Like the others have said, you choose for build muscle 8-10 reps for lean muscle 12-15 reps. Some exercises he says everybody does 16 or everybody does maximum reps.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    moving this up for those of us with this same question. I am actually considering trying P90X after CLX.... NEVER thought I would ever say that out loud!!
  • denise33027
    denise33027 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I started Les Mills Pump once I finished Chalean Extreme and LOVE it..I am getting great results so far, I'm getting ready to start week 6. Once I wrap up LMP I am heading into Body Beast.

I am thinking of Pump!! So glad to see this post--how did you do? Good results--I love the strength from CLX, and I have lost body fat, just looking for something different.