A1C is down--13+ now 6!

Options
I got a call from the doctor's office--good news! A1C is 6! Last time it was over 13! I like this retirement! I just have to take all of my meds. Doctor has prescribed Lipotor (sp) again. Now if the insurance will pay for it. Merry Christmas!

Replies

• deeschange
    deeschange Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Wow! that is super! You did really, really awesome - keep up the good work! :bigsmile:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic...CONGRATS!! Keep up the great work!
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wow! Now THAT's quite a change! Amazing job!
  • BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Fantastic.
  • NotThePest
    Options
    Congrats - Lipitor has a generic equivalent. Also see if their patent ran out which would then make it cheaper, so check it out.
  • wcucats77
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!! That's terrfic and what a wonderful Christmmas present. How long did it take to drop from over 13 to 6?

Again. What great news.

wcucats77
  • kmacgera
    kmacgera Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Very well done!
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news
  • Aussielooser
    Aussielooser Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Such fantastic news!.. Congrats!!!
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!! That's terrfic and what a wonderful Christmmas present. How long did it take to drop from over 13 to 6?

Again. What great news.

wcucats77

The last time the doctor checked my A1C was June. Of course, he did prescribe metformin time released 500 mg 2x a day, 30 units of Lantus at night, and 45 mg og Actos daily. My blood sugar kept being low in the mornings, below 70, so I stopped taking the Lantus and I was really taking the metformin regularly because of all the side effects I was having. My blood sugar is between 75-120 fasting. If the A1C goes back up, then I will have to take the meds again. But for now, I am happy.
  • Caroleann57
    Caroleann57 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's great news! The patent has expired on Lipitor and atorvostatin, the generic equivalent is available.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Very well done. Congratulations.