Last week of challenge...Christmas Week

Options
Hello! It is our last week and I know a lot of us are going to be having big get togethers this week with food and alcohol galore. What is your strategy going to be? Eat whatever you want that day? Stick to eating in a deficit? I know it's just one day but I'm still a bit stressed. I always have the dilemma of wanting to do really well but I also don't want to feel like I'm "missing out" while everyone else is indulging. What are some tips for doing well? I'd love to lose more this week just not sure if its going to be possible

Replies

• shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit worried myself but not so much about overeating but undereating. I am flying to visit my family on Christmas Eve so I will not be bring any food with me and the grocery stores will be closed. I am a vegetarian surrounded by carnivores and I have mentioned this to my Mom and am hoping there will be some vegetable sides without meat additives but I will have to wait and see. I always offer to help cook and pick a dish but my mom is a bit of a control freak in her kitchen and takes it as a personal afront if anyone tries to help out and especially if it is something that deviates from the traditional menu. I am going to bring a few staples in my carry-on with an ice pack, some steel cut oatmeal, strawberries, hummus, ravita crackers, nuts, cut vegetables, and maybe a small tabouli salad if there is room in my mini cooler. I am only there for 2 days and I fly back home, so this will be my emergency food.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Try to exercise in the morning so you can have extra calories for the day then just eat a little of everything so u dont over eat and if u want to drink just have a couple drinks it wont be that much...if ur over 300 or less its okay because you just wont lose any weight for the day. Enjoy ur family time and dont worry too much on ur calories just dont over eat then you normally do.