Stalled Weight Loss

Options
annwyatt69
annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
I had Gastric Bypass the end of September and was 218 the morning of surgery. Currently I am about 184 and have been for about 4 weeks. I am only on 60 grams of protein a day due to kidney disease and have Type I Diabetes, Hypertension, Sleep Apnea, and Hypothyroidism. I'm becoming discouraged because my weight is now moving and my measurements aren't changing either. I have "stepped up" the exercise and still struggle to get in my 1000 calories that are set for me, usually get 700-800 a day. Any suggestions on how to make that scale move again? (Other than patience, which is not my strong suit...)

Replies

• Speedtrap
    Options
    I know it is not much help but be sure you are following your plan and just stick with it, it will come, we all stall at some point.
  • annwyatt69
    Options
    I know it is not much help but be sure you are following your plan and just stick with it, it will come, we all stall at some point.

Thanks for replying. Since I am following my doctor's plan exactly, I guess I will just have to be patient. He is pleased and claims that because I don't have a significant amount to lose it will go slowly. I just want it to move faster, but I need to remember that I didn't gain it overnight. lol
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It is hard. Keep at it and don't get discouraged. Have you had any other testing done, like maybe you don't have hypertension anymore. That would be a NSV. Even just feeling better would be great. You also may start exercising for a little bit of a push in the right direction.
  • annwyatt69
    Options
    Yes. I have stepped up the exercise. All I am allowed to do is brisk walking and I have doubled my time. Hypertension is improving, but due to kidney issues I will be on Lisinopril for life. My insulin usage is way down --from 155+ units a day to about 45 a day now. Size wise down from a tight 24 to a comfortable 16, a tight 14. I know that other people see changes in me, but I don't see it yet.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I have been stalled for a year, and now actually put on 7lbs. In a month! This is unbelievably ****. Fill after fill, no leaks but sporadic restriction. oh god why have I spent thousands on this??
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have stepped up the exercise. All I am allowed to do is brisk walking and I have doubled my time. Hypertension is improving, but due to kidney issues I will be on Lisinopril for life. My insulin usage is way down --from 155+ units a day to about 45 a day now. Size wise down from a tight 24 to a comfortable 16, a tight 14. I know that other people see changes in me, but I don't see it yet.

OMG. That is a huge difference. If you do not see it yet, try wearing your 24's around the house for a day. That will get you understanding what a huge difference that is. Congratulations!!!!:smile:
  • HealthyDeb
    HealthyDeb Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Outstanding 24 to 14-16! I agree with nashbear, too funny but that would work!
  • rachellangdon1974
    rachellangdon1974 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Don't stress over the stall..I have stalled TOO many times to count. The only thing that I noticed, is that if I eat beautifully every day of the week, with the exception of Saturday, which is my "cheat" day..my weight comes off more steadily. I think our bodies get into the rut of eating the same thing all the time..our metabolism needs a jump. My brother is a personal trainer, and after complaining to him about my stalls he suggested my cheat day. It works for me. (however, I do NOT stray from high protein, low carb, only complex carbs the other days of the week).