Treadmillers; How fast do you run?

Options
2»

Replies

• chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm super slow. I walk at 4 mph and run at 4.2-4.3 mph for now. I can keep that pace comfortably for about 25 minutes. I'm trying to build up endurance before speed, and it's slow going. I'm 5'4"
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My pace is between 4mph and 4.5mph. I went up to 5 a few times, but can't sustain that for long. An advice I heard was to increase every 5 minutes. Hit the up arrow twice. Sothat ismy goal to increase my speed.
  • Shane37301
    Shane37301 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My warm up walk is 3.6 - 3.8mph. I start my jog at 6mph and after I get past that first 10 minutes, I might pick it up to 6.5 or 7 for a bit depending on how I feel. I do "sprints" for 2-3 minutes at a time at 8mph. I'm 5'6 so some smart@sses at the gym told me I look like the Roadrunner on the treadmill because my legs are moving so fast.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Holy hell I am slow. I have been alternating jogging at 4.6 with walking at 4. I haven't messed with the incline yet. I read somewhere that adjusting the incline to 1 was enough to mimick the feeling of running outside. I decided I was going to run my first 5k this summer so I'm going to have to get more consistent with this!