Months of Binging

Options
So I've been a binger for most of my life, with periods of weight loss, but...

I lost ten pounds a few months ago. Since the end of August I've been in a binging rut. On days that I don't binge I "mess up" my good eating by eating crappy foods. I don't even know how much weight I gained over the past few months, but I am too scared to find out. I def gained the 10 lbs back plus more. I'm going to guess around 15 pounds and I am hoping no more than that. I'm literally terrified of how much weight I may have gained. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm going to stop binging tomorrow. I mean it. I can't afford to gain another ounce.

Replies

• rima933
    rima933 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    So I've been a binger for most of my life, with periods of weight loss, but...

I lost ten pounds a few months ago. Since the end of August I've been in a binging rut. On days that I don't binge I "mess up" my good eating by eating crappy foods. I don't even know how much weight I gained over the past few months, but I am too scared to find out. I def gained the 10 lbs back plus more. I'm going to guess around 15 pounds and I am hoping no more than that. I'm literally terrified of how much weight I may have gained. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm going to stop binging tomorrow. I mean it. I can't afford to gain another ounce.

Hey,
    I have the exact same problem as you. I lost about 20 pounds a few months ago, then when i went back to work from mat-leave everything changed. I started eating muffins for breakfast and coffee with cream and stopped exercising completely.This led to me not logging anything and constantly binging on everything. And the more i eat, the more depressed i get and stop caring. Then after a binge i say to myself i will stop binging and start being good. This lasts about a couple of days and then i binge again. I feel so helpless. When i was a teen i used to be anorexic/bulimic, then i started binge eating, and it keeps coming and going into my life on and off. 3 years ago after my first baby, including the baby weight i went from 232 pounds to 165 pounds within a year. i was so happy. but then i got pregnant again and the binge eating started and gym stopped. and then i went up to 225 pounds down to 178 a few months ago. Today i weighed in at 195. My weight has been like a roller coaster. ugh.I feel so useless for constantly failing at this one goal that i care so much about. I just logged in my calories after a binge and it hit me, i have to make a change.
  • findgod2findlife
    findgod2findlife Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have been in the same rut at times. I know how hard it is to eat healthy. Instead of thinking on a day-to-day level, start thinking on a week-to-week level. I used to always eat one bad thing and then say "well u already messed up, might as well eat the whole kitchen!" and that is what I would do at times. If you can maintain a steady level each week, you will see that days become weeks, weeks become months, etc. If you take any of my advice, just remember this (it really changed my outlook):

ONE BAD MEAL WON'T MAKE YOU FAT, JUST LIKE ONE HEALTHY MEAL WONT MAKE YOU THIN!

It's all about consistancy, remember that! Try to start a blog, write about your feelings when you want to binge! I have recently done that and it's very helpful.

butterflybecoming.blogspot.com

I wish you great things & sucess in the year ahead!
  • rima933
    rima933 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have been in the same rut at times. I know how hard it is to eat healthy. Instead of thinking on a day-to-day level, start thinking on a week-to-week level. I used to always eat one bad thing and then say "well u already messed up, might as well eat the whole kitchen!" and that is what I would do at times. If you can maintain a steady level each week, you will see that days become weeks, weeks become months, etc. If you take any of my advice, just remember this (it really changed my outlook):

ONE BAD MEAL WON'T MAKE YOU FAT, JUST LIKE ONE HEALTHY MEAL WONT MAKE YOU THIN!

It's all about consistancy, remember that! Try to start a blog, write about your feelings when you want to binge! I have recently done that and it's very helpful.

butterflybecoming.blogspot.com

I wish you great things & sucess in the year ahead!

Thanks for the encouraging words! I agree with everything you said. I'm off to a fresh start now