knock knock

Options
Anyone home? Is this the place for VFers. how come no one is here? I guess no class today. :laugh:

Replies

• Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi tytbody, it's me, Usia. Reporting for class. I guess, I should post my picture. Since my user name here is different than on VF, I think I'll post a picture of one of my boys - same as VF. Looking forward to talking DIET, DIET, DIET!!! :)
  • tytbody
    Options
    Yes, finally some place to talk. Boy I felt like I was in a room with my hand over my mouth.. lol. Yea. I like your kitty though. I may put back on my butterfly but I was thinking it was almost fall so I may change it again.
  • yoyogirl72
    yoyogirl72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ooohhh we get to talk diet? Lol. I LOVE this app. It keeps me accountable. I have to have my daily chocolate and with this app I can usually work it in. Just ran out of Hershey bars so I made some fudge---144 calories per piece! Made some unstuffed cabbage casserole today. Easy, tasty and only 155 calories per cup. I'm always on the lookout for easy low cal meals and snacks.
  • Alpha12
    Options
    Tytbody....I love your butterfly avatar on VF. I'm ready to discuss diets, food, weight loss and all the things that we can't discuss on VF.

Just recently, I bought NutriBullet and started doing smoothies in place of breakfast- sporadically so far. However, yesterday morning, I made a smoothie (turned out to be delicious!) that not only kept me really full until lunchtime and beyond, but made me feel very energetic, optimistic and gave me this sense of well-being that had actually shocked me. I couldn't understand why I felt so good and was grinning all day, something that hasn't happened in a long time, until I had actually made a connection with the influx of vitamines and minerals I had in that smoothie. I know it sounds almost far-fetched, but it was such a novel feeling to me that it had to be it. My poor DH had been resigned to my *****y desposition lately, but he so loved my post-smoothie mood yesterday, that he drove me to the store today to make sure I buy all the fruits and veggies I will need to make smoothies for the next 3 day. I am experimenting right now, but I am almost positive that the fruits and veggies smoothie was the reason behind my feeling wonderful yesterday.

Oh, tytbody, did I see in your profile that you're 57? Well, I'm 56 and will be 57 at the end of December. I think we can really relate then, in terms of diet, metabolism and stuf.
    Dana
  • Alpha12
    Options
    Hey yoyogirl72! Welcome! :)
  • tytbody
    Options
    Oh yes, Dana, I am and soon next month to be 58!!! (smiling.) I changed my avatar to my yorkie. how's that one? I went looking for my butterlfy and found her so she gets the spotlight for awhile.

I LOVE smoothies. I had my husband get me a Vitamix this year an a juicer. it makes a huge difference in my attitude and you just pointed that out to me. You know you don't know you feel bad until you feel good. kinda.

I just ate a waffle and I used to eat waffles and eggs and said it was okay. Well, when I started juicing and stuff, I didn't miss the waffles. I better get back my fruits and veggies because they do make a huge difference. I was thinking of becoming vegetarian and then I decided, no just cut back on the meat. Yes, that meat can make you fat.

Hey, do we get email notifications on here? i think I need to check because I didn't get updated that yoyo was here. Hi yoyo :flowerforyou:
  • Alpha12
    Options
    Hey, do we get email notifications on here? i think I need to check because I didn't get updated that yoyo was here. Hi yoyo :flowerforyou:

I have no clue how you get notifications on MFP, or if you even do! I've always treated MFP as a sort of step-child, and had never explored its real potentials. I've logged my food here on hit and miss basis, but now it's time to get serious. This month, I'm really concentrating on getting my workouts more consistent as in 5-6 times per week, and next month I'll add cleaner diet.
    If I find any more exciting features on MFP, I'll certainly post. Please share, if you do the same.

Love the Yorkie! I have cats, but I'm an all-around animal lover!
    Dana
  • Kimsied
    Kimsied Posts: 232
    Options
    Hi everyone, i am slysam from vf. I do appreciate the limitation of diet talk on VF though since it can be a little like religion or politics in response. But sometimes it is nice to not worry about over stepping lines and to talk diet. :-)
  • yoyogirl72
    yoyogirl72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just tried PB2 today. It's powdered peanuts that have most of the oil pressed out. You reconstitute it with water. 45 calories/2tablespoons. Tastes like diet peanut butter. Lol. Good news is I don't want more than one serving. :P. I think I could get used to it though and it would be great to add to recipes. Ohhh I could put it on top of the fudge! :D
  • Alpha12
    Options
    Let me start by saying that I don't have a sweet tooth. At all! The last time I ate anything sweet was probably back in March. But few years ago, I've discovered a real passion for Meijier's apple pie with carmel topping which they only sell in the Fall. They just brought it back again, and my DH brought it home today. I'm embarrased to say that I had TWO slices of this pie few minutes ago. I can't believe I did that..... I promise to get back to my green smoothies tomorrow morning, but boy! It was goood!

My husband loves PB, so I'll have to look into powdered peanuts and see if he likes it.
  • blackadar1
    Options
    We're here...we're all weak from dieting.
  • Pie1973
    Pie1973 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! So glad to have this group. I really fell of track last week since I had to go out of town unexpectantly. Today, I started my morning with a green smoothie...... :)

BTW, I'm Pie on vf.
  • Ann1964x
    Options
    Hey ladies I am Ann1964 from V.F.
  • dinneratpips
    Options
    Just popping in to say hi, I am jacs on VF:happy:
  • rexsfoodlady
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tish at VF. Jacs is the one who told me about this site so I guess I'm following her around. :smile:
  • ericapabis
    ericapabis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ok new year...2013! Who's ready to get on the diet train with me??? I think I will do JMBR diet & system...should finish early March. Who can help me stay on track?? Ill help motivate & encourage you too! Add me as a friend. PS I'm wellnesswife from VF'