Proposal

Options
Momwasix
Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
When did you get engaged? We you suprise and what colors are you having for your wedding.

Replies

• EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I was surprised about how he did it, but we had talked about it for awhile. We have been together 6+ years, I knew it was coming! We are doing a destination wedding, I haven't decided on colours yet. I like green, light blues and coral colours. How about yourself?
  • Momwasix
    Options
    I got engaged yesterday Christmas Day! We talked about it but i just didnt know when he was going to do it but my kids knew before me lol.I was suprise cause they snitch alot but to keep this a secret was beyond funny. Colors I'm thinking red and cream. Were having a small simple wedding family and friends.
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    Options
    Oh yay how exciting! :D! Congrats! He proposed on my birthday.
  • Momwasix
    Options
    I wonder where the theroy that we must lose weight to look our best on our wedding came from?
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    Options
    I just know that those pictures linger forever. I love going through my grandmothers albums and my mom's ... So I want to look good and feel good on that day so it's reflected in the photos.
  • Momwasix
    Options
    True we all do.Maybe we should make our spouses to be drop some pounds too. They will kill us lol.
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    Options
    Hubby-to-be is supposed to start working out after New Year's. He said he will eat healthy with me starting now. His only condition, he doesn't cook. He likes calorie-heavy meals that taste awesome. If he has to cook, he is cooking his way. Which means I now have to learn to cook! LOL He said it isn't realistic for him not to eat and drink on New Year's so he will worry about the gym on the 2nd. Today starts my twice a day workout for a week while I have the time off, I need to break this plateau I have been in for over a month.
  • nikkilou_hawley
    Options
    LOL My husband proposed to me in bed by asking it hypothetically. Then we went ring shopping a month before we were married (court house). Now I am in the process of planning our big wedding - which is in April.
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    Options
    I like your story, it's cute :) My fiance could have done the same and I would be happy. He went all out for my birthday AND made the mistake of no decoy gift in the morning. Every year if I stay up until midnight we do my gifts then or he wakes up early to get my gifts ready the morning of. He woke me up without a gift, just a card. That was my first tip off, then he told me to dress up nice, we normally just go to a low key restaurant - I am far from the expensive girly girl type. He took me to a new restaurant that opened in our area, it was super delicious. Then he acted like we had no plans afterwards and asked me what I wanted to do. I said honestly I could go home and curl up with a movie because I was dead tired from being up at 6am. Then he faked a phone call to his brother and said we were going to go downtown to walk around. We were in an area of Toronto I am not familiar with and asked what was really going on, then we pulled up to Cirque Du Soleil. I couldn't help but be slightly disappointed because ALL day at school I thought for SURE he would propose because he didn't get me anything, then pulling up to Cirque I figured that was my gift. So we enjoyed the show, we were driving home and he exited southbound off the high way instead of northbound towards home, he is directionally challenged at times so I told him to pop a U-turn but he didn't listen and kept driving. At this point it was around 11pm, he took me to the park where we had our first date. We sat on the rock pier thingy and talked about weird randomness then around 1am I said I was exhausted and wanted to go home, he said fine and then dropped on one knee. I was so exhausted and freezing I barely reacted other than an ear to ear smile. I envisioned myself crying like a baby when he proposed but I think the cold froze my tears, LOL.

.... and now we are planning our destination wedding :)
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    David had been gone on an offshore job for a month, and we had made date plans almost the first week he had been gone. He wanted to take me to a restaurant where we'd had our first faux fight over. (On his birthday, I wanted to take him to Carrabba's in Oklahoma City, but the GPS took us to a closed place. Frustrated, we drove around until we settled on the Spaghetti Warehouse, which I don't like. We didn't have a fight, per se, but it was pretty tense.) So this far in advance notice date was a re-do in September once he got back.

We spent the day running around, going from place to place, just enjoying each other, but when we got to the restaurant, he acted so bizarre. We ordered SO MUCH food, but he barely touched any of it. Worse, he always holds my hands across the table, and he kept pulling away. I thought he was sick, because it just didn't make sense. We ended up having a huge to-go SACK, because we had leftover appetizers, dual entrees, desserts, and extra bread and olive oil/herbs. He always grabs a toothpick on the way out the door, and so he grabbed mints and "finishing wood," as he calls it, and we got in his car.

He kept just sitting there, then handed me a toothpick and some gum. Confused, I started chewing the gum, and asked him what was wrong. Then he starts in on telling me how much he loves me, and hands me a ring box. I open it, and he tells me he hopes I love him like he loves me,and it isn't the wrong time to do this... And I was like, "what?" He just sat there quietly, looking at me, and I said "Did you just ask me to marry you? Wait! Did you just ask me to marry you while I am holding a toothpick?!" He said, "We'll? What is your answer?" I said yes, of course, and put the toothpick down, and he put the ring on me (perfect fit!), and went on to have a lovely evening. Later that night, we realized it was the five month anniversary of our first date, which was serendipitous.

Our wedding date is May 18th, and we are doing it after crossing the finish line of a Warrior Dash race. So our colors are basically mud and mud. :-)
  • CynGetsThin
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement. How special!

My engagement happened in June 2012. I was not surprised that I was getting engaged because we had already discussed it and looked at rings. However, I was surprised by the timing. My future hubby and both are from Chicagoland and recently moved to Wisconsin for better job opportunities. When we moved here we lived separately but spent most of our time together, including trips back home to Chicagoland. The day Mike proposed, he said he'd meet me back in Chicagoland (we both need our cars that weekend) because he was going to leave directly from work. I left work and walked into my apartment with my work laptop, purse and lunch bag, and all of a sudden he appeared. I was so surprised by the timing and cried!

Our colors are burgandy and gold.

Have started looking at dress and want something that has a vintage feel and sweeatheart neckline. Feel free to send any ideas, photos or websites my way! Personal email: symphonystar01@gmail.com
  • Renegade408
    Options
    We have talked about getting engaged for a few months, but I wasn't expecting it until sometime this year 2013.

October 2012 we had planned a mini vacation to Savannah. I heard it was one of the most haunted cities in the United States, and thought it would be interesting to stay in a haunted bed and breakfast. I let my fiance do all of the planning. He found a beautiful B & B in the historic district.( http://www.kehoehouse.com/ ) He had made reservations for us at Elizabeth's on 37th. (looking back the signs were all there, but like I said it was discussed and it wasn't happening until sometime this year.) We finished our dinner and went out to the courtyard. He had some other patron take our picture, and we just sat outside and enjoyed the atmosphere. When we got back to the B&B, he grabbed my hand and lead me across the street from our B & B to Columbia Square. There is a beautiful fountain in the square and a few benches for privacy. Anyway, we sit down and he starts rambling (completely out of character for him) We have great talks and he is rarely at a loss for words. He starts out with something along the lines of " I am going to make you three promises......and he gets up off the bench and keeps talking, gets down on one knee... (I am completely flustered, shocked, I have no idea what those three promises were.... I just remeber him asking me to marry him. It was so romantic, and heartfelt.

We still haven't set a date, but we have decided on 2014. We both want to lose weight, and get healthy first.