Too quiet.... so what do you do?

Options
Muldactus
Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
We all have those moments when you aren't in the mood for your regular hobbies (or regular games?), and things are too quiet and you want to do SOMETHING to keep from passing out from boredom.

What do you do when that happens? Read a book? Watch a movie? Tickle someone?

Replies

• Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Music! <3

ALWAYS MUSIC!

and singing!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym, watch Netflix shows like Doctor Who, BSG, Star Trek, and read comic books.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm ...... after working, going to the gym, foodshopping, cooking, cleaning house & doing laundry ....... there's not much downtime ....... but I love to watch TV (Dr. Who, Torchwood, anything SciFi or scary) ...... and reading (same genre) ....... and if things are REALLY quiet, I'll take a nap :smile:

Have a great day !
  • siouan
    siouan Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I do usually end up channel surfing and watching something I've seen 100 times like Big Bang, but nothing can beat curling up and getting lost in a really good book!
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Go to the bar for a few drinks and shoot some pool
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    go to the gym for some cardio and strength training while blasting some music, do my nails, or watch some simpsons, futurama, archer or it's always sunny.
  • jmjm55077
    Options
    I pull out the congas, or call friends for a light saber fight in the front yard, or see what happens when you put things into the microwave, paint my toenails, or practice my ninja moves.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I tend to cook or clean. Yeah. Those aren't regular activities for me soooooo.....
  • ColorfulWeirdo
    ColorfulWeirdo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Turn on my music and watch my cats chase a lazer around the house.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Turn on my music and watch my cats chase a lazer around the house.

My cat loves his laser pointer so much. He *loves* it. He'll actually pat/bat at the actual device, or stare at your hand or pocket (if its in your pocket and he saw you put it there) and wait for you to turn it on.
  • rmkramer003
    rmkramer003 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Clean, watch TV and knit, cook. I don't get a lot of those "It's too quiet" moments in my house though. Usually only when all the kids are somewhere else and then I enjoy them.
  • Lisha_R
    Lisha_R Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym, watch Netflix shows like Doctor Who, BSG, Star Trek, and read comic books.

I just watched Dr Who while on the treadmil today. Almost done with season 6.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    I hunt, fish, go muddin', and generally try to piss off liberals...
  • LadySylvanas
    LadySylvanas Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    farming the bloody ashes of al'ar with hubby atm :grumble:
    I most of the time read a book or listen to music when I'm not working/sleeping/playing
  • celestialbadger
    Options
    farming the bloody ashes of al'ar with hubby atm :grumble:

Daaaaaang, good luck with that. 2% drop rate isn't fun.

What do I do besides game? I don't understand the question...seriously, if I get bored of a game, I'll find another one. I've got 4 level 80s on Guild Wars 2 now so I'm replaying Dragon Age. If the weather's not totally horrible, I'll plan a big long walk through the countryside. When I've got a night in on my own, I'll watch one of my favourite films or tv shows again.