comfort foods

Options
what did you change in healthy lifestyle as far as comfort foods

Replies

• tifalva
    tifalva Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    what did you change in healthy lifestyle as far as comfort foods

I bought a Comfort Food cookbook that took my decadent, yummy recipes and made them healthy :)
    I can pass along some of my more favorite recipes, what comfort food are you specifically looking for?

My easiest swap was ground turkey for ground beef. Seasoned right you can barely tell the difference and turkey bacon.
  • alipedlar
    Options
    It helps to make your own base for comfort foods. Cheese sauce for mac and cheese and not the processed, you can then adjust you butter and the amount of fat in the cheese. I make my own white sauce for pot pies and its so much healthier than using the processed soups, less sugar and salt. And tastes equally delicous. It woks great with tator tot hotdish also.
  • TheKidd2013
    TheKidd2013 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I actually haven't given up comfort foods, it's more of a decision to reduce my intake. So then that way if I have a craving.. I will still have the opportunity to have it but just not as much of it. And for me I'm starting out slowly by changing recipes to include healthier choices instead of the fattening ones.
  • cougarmama66
    Options
    I just need healthy recipes for chicken breasts if anyone can help I would be very happy,
  • tifalva
    tifalva Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I just need healthy recipes for chicken breasts if anyone can help I would be very happy,

One of my most favorite chicken breast recipes, actually came from Paula Dean :happy:

Poke chicken breasts with fork. Marinate chicken breasts in soy sauce, lemon juice and finely diced garlic for 30 minutes (all to taste, I tend to use more than the original called for because we like the flavors. I believe the original recipe was 2 tbs of soy sauce and 2 Tbs of lemon juice) Then grill it up. I prefer it on a salad, but also goes well in a pita sandwich or with brown rice :happy: