Weighing in

Options
I know Whole 30 says to only weigh at the start and finish and to not count calories/quantities! I plan on weighing in once a week and NOT counting calories and quantities! Just curious what others plan on doing? Other than weighing in I plan on following it to a T, last time I was always making exceptions to eat or drink things not included! New year, new start!

Replies

• bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to do a mid-way weigh in on the 15th then do a final weigh in at the end. I also plan to track basically because I need to get back into tracking my calories and I want to make sure I'm not over or under eating. Im not going to get crazy if Im a bit over or under.. but I just want to get it right.
  • skwidlund
    skwidlund Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I find breaking the scale habit to be one of the most important things I take from doing a Whole30, so I'll weigh Tuesday morning and put it away. I'm planning to go for 60 days, but I think I'll probably pull it out at the end of the first 30 and do measurements. I do log my food in the Food Notes section, but I don't count calories or measure.
  • praxisproject
    praxisproject Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'll be logging as opposed to counting. I'll be tracking my food intake but only weighing at start and finish.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i do weekly weigh ins, but they have no bearing on my plan--i will keep up with the 30 day challenge as is regardless of what the scale says.

I also track my food because it holds me accountable--but i wont be focused on the red/green number at the end of the day. I just eat until i'm nearly full and that is that!

This method worked really well for me in August when I did my last whole30
  • jodester13
    jodester13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I stopped tracking my food but will likely weigh in -- I'm going to try to keep it to once per week. I am a lot less obsessed & stressed when I don't track my food -- and I feel a lot more freedom eating paleo/primal when I don't obsess about the calories in butter or olive oil.
  • rin1130
    rin1130 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am planning to keep tracking. I realize it's against the spirit of the plan, but I like having an idea of what I ate. Plus, I am likely to go overboard on nuts and things like that. Not going to weigh in till the end!
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I don't calorie count at all but I weigh in, which doesn't have anything to do with much...lol. I only take measurements quarterly.