For those starting Whole30 soon ...

Options
Just curious what everyone thinks their biggest challenge will be for the Whole30 and what might come easy, where will you fudge a little bit if any? ... I did my first Whole30 in November and felt absolutely amazing. I lost 8 pounds, slept wonderfully, saw a vast improvement in my day to day mood and body image. The only thing that was a struggle for me was not drinking any alcohol. The only place I fudged the program at all was by eating bacon, I couldn't find any that wasn't sugar cured. No dairy isn't a big deal to me at all.

Replies

• daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I started on December 26th. I had bacon this morning only because it was either that or skip breakfast. not ideal obviously. I had applegate organic turkey bacon; Its preservative free, not processed and no sugar.
    Hardest part has been eating more in the AM. I am most hungry at night plus that is when I have more time to prepared foods, etc.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Booze. It was hard for me to not have any wine (I'm a wine club member at a local winery and they give free tastings, so that was hard to resist). I did have to hunt high and low for sugar free bacon but once I found it, I stocked up. I hope I can find it again this time around
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    The two primary reasons I'm doing it will also be the hardest - completely eliminatind dairy and wine. I've done so-so just cutting back, but both need to go completely.
  • agentventi
    agentventi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    what type of bacon did you find that was sugarfree?
    I think that is my hardest thing. I can do without sugars, dairy... but the bacon is what I miss the most!! I even do it without fruit to keep my sugar intake low.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    It was something farms organic....lol that's all I remember! I'm stopping at the store though after work and if they have it, I'll let you know the whole name. I remember it being really peppery which was fine with me, but it had a nice smoked taste and I didn't miss the sugar from the cure at all. It really made me wish no one added sugar to their bacon
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    It never even occurred to me that bacon had sugar in it! Argh!

I think the hardest thing in the past has been not having milk with my coffee, but now that I'm doing a variation of the bulletproof coffee it's not so bad!
  • tracy1344
    tracy1344 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The hardest part for me is not eating to much fruit or too many nuts. I did my first whole30 back in Sept and I really struggled with that. I started my w30 already and did good today. I had only 6 raw almonds and no fruit. No sugar today at all!

The bacon I get doesn't list sugar in the ingred and none is listed in the nutrient value box. I'm really hoping it is actually sugar free cause I can't give up bacon. My whole family likes it and I use it with several veggie dishes.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    i will be starting after my son's birthday.
    we already made pizza party plans.

my biggest thing will be my protein shake.
    i finally got to where i could drink the powdered isopure with milk...

now to find an easy meat to eat.

the shakes were so easy because of my work schedule.
  • sarbar71
    sarbar71 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am planning my next Whole 30 for February because I have some events coming up in January. I did my first in September. The hardest part for me was probably giving up alcohol or Diet Pop (I was not eating Primal prior to my Whole 30). I think giving up dark chocolate will be the hardest part during this next one though. I was really careful and didn't fudge anything during my first Whole 30 - in fact, I didn't eat anything that had more than 1 or 2 ingredients in it for the full 30 days to make sure that I didn't accidentally slip. Now that I have been eating Primal for a while I don't think that I will quite so anal about it next time though :)
  • AmIhealthyyet
    AmIhealthyyet Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    This time I will follow the rules they suggest! Last time I would say "a little of this cheese is OK, a beer or two is fine" made more and more excuses! Needles to say I wasn't successful and didn't stay on it long! This time I will do "whole 30" not MY version of it.
  • kristinarussell7
    Options
    I'm going to start my first round in January. I'm new to the Paleo thing... so any support/tips/tricks you can share with me would be great! Look forward to starting out this month together with all the MFP peeps!
  • praxisproject
    praxisproject Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Whole30 in January 2013.

Any Aussies out there find sugar free bacon?
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I'm going to start my first round in January. I'm new to the Paleo thing... so any support/tips/tricks you can share with me would be great! Look forward to starting out this month together with all the MFP peeps!

This is the same for me. Looking forward to a new me.